Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bigger vans

At the moment with the fridge running, diesel heater running for hot water only, and lights in the evening I reckon I am using approx 35Ah per day, so in theory you should at least 2 days out of the batteries without solar. There are lots of variables e.g. in in warm weather the fridge will be running more, longer days mean less drain for lights, how often the heater starts etc.

You can always add an MPPT controller under the drivers seat with a connection for a portable solar panel. No drilling needed.
Is it a big job to fit an MTTP controller with connection for portable solar? Who might quote for it? Sounds like a good backup as I could position the solar panel in the sun if the van is in the shade and use the solar panel to charge the Anker also.

Is it a big job to fit an MTTP controller with connection for portable solar? Who might quote for it? Sounds like a good backup as I could position the solar panel in the sun if the van is in the shade and use the solar panel to charge the Anker also.
It shouldn’t be difficult as the main connections for the leisure batteries and chargers are under the seat. I have looked at doing it but not got round to it yet.

£799 for EFD2 at Eurocar parts.
£100 saving

£799 for EFD2 at Eurocar parts.
£100 saving

I can beat that, I bought this 'reconditioned' one plus go a further £50 of this price so cost me £609.

Essentially the external casing has been renewed, but it looked brand new to me. As long as the batteries haven't been used it's as good as new. I reckon Ecoflow is only selling these as reconditioned as they can undercut their retailers and are probably new.

Back