Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach hook up

R

Robovw

Just had a call from VW customer services that a hook up and internal plug sockets will be standard feature on orders from 1st November. I did double check that there would be no extra charge. Something for nothing from VW!

Ooh wonder if I can get that in mine...build was due to start next week but order already in...fingers crossed...

maui2512 said:
Ooh wonder if I can get that in mine...build was due to start next week but order already in...fingers crossed...

i would push for it - it's going to make a huge difference - I accept that I will have an early Beach and that's cool but if I was ordering now, I'd really want this.

James

So good news and bad news..my Beach has just completed build ahead of schedule, showing status this morning as awaiting shipping...they are expecting it to be with us in around 3 weeks’ time! so, I might be able to take delivery mid-November rather than late December (which makes it so much harder to hold of for a 14 registration!)

Bad news is that there is no opportunity for the hook up...argh, wish I'd waited a month now...but there again, there will always be something new I guess !

I know dealers don't retro fit but I wonder if this would be a possible dealer retrofit

Certainly keen to see what interior parts change. I take it there will need to be a display as well

Alex?

James.

Thats typical.... Ordered ours end September was told it wasn't available, if we new it would have been available from the 1st November we would have waited.... :headbang

We haven't had a build date yet so will be on the phone tomorrow....

Robovw said:
Just had a call from VW customer services that a hook up and internal plug sockets will be standard feature on orders from 1st November. I did double check that there would be no extra charge. Something for nothing from VW!

Hi Rob many I ask how come you had a call from VW Customer services???

bournemouthbeach said:
Thats typical.... Ordered ours end September was told it wasn't available, if we new it would have been available from the 1st November we would have waited.... :headbang

We haven't had a build date yet so will be on the phone tomorrow....
Yup, us too...I wasn't really in a rush and would have been happy to wait had I known but my dealer said he didn't have any info on when or if it would happen so I thought I'd just go ahead. He did say he can give me details of a conversion company they work with who can retrofit it for me, but haven't had info on costs yet... :sad

I have been in correspondence with a guy called Anthony who I asked to keep me updated when the hookup would be available. He rang to let me know last week. He has also sent me an email describing the differences between the heater options but I am still just as confused!

"Further to our telephone conversation on 14 October 2013, I have spoken to our Product Team who have the provided the following
information regarding the heating and ventilation parking heater options.

Parking heater with timer £1400.00 inc vat
7VA Programmable parking heater: this supplementary air heater is able to fully heat the air in the vehicle with the ignition
switched off. It is controlled through the operating and display unit in the roof which has settings for the switch-on time, the
day of the week and the desired temperature. Heat is guided into the vehicle through separate vents in the B-pillars.

Parking heater with timer and auxiliary heater £1400.00 inc vat
7VG Programmable parking heater with auxiliary heater: this option provides an auxiliary heater combined with a supplementary
air heater. The combination of two heaters enables the vehicle air to be fully heated when parked and supports the engine to
heat the vehicle in cold conditions when driving. The supplementary air heater is controlled through the operating and display
unit in the roof which has settings for the switch-on time, the day of the week and the desired temperature. Heat is guided into
the vehicle through separate vents in the B-pillars.

Parking heater (includes programmable timer and remote control) £1670.00 inc vat
7VF Programmable parking heater with radio remote control & auxiliary heater: this option provides an auxiliary heater combined
with a supplementary air heater. The combination of two heaters enables the vehicle air to be fully heated when parked and
supports the engine to heat the vehicle in cold conditions when driving. The supplementary air heater is controlled through
either the radio remote control, providing on or off functionality, or through the operating and display unit in the roof which
has settings for the switch-on time, the day of the week and the desired temperature. Heat is guided into the vehicle through
separate vents in the B-pillars.

Parking heater with timer and remote control £1650.00 inc vat
7VM Programmable parking heater with radio remote control: this supplementary air heater is able to fully heat the air in the
vehicle with the ignition switched off. It is controlled through either the radio remote control, providing on or off
functionality, or through the operating and display unit in the roof which has settings for the switch-on time, the day of the
week and the desired temperature. Heat is guided into the vehicle through separate vents in the vehicle's B-pillars.

I am awaiting a response as to whether there is a release date for the 230V exterior socket, with 230V UK plug socket inside the
vehicle, for the California Beach, as is currently offered on California SE."

Thanks for reply Rob,

Sounds like the heater options are air hear for rear and what we call pre heater for the engine, Pre heater for engine in conected to the water circuit and will help warm the engine water which will improve engine life if the timer is set to come on before you start the Cali then no cold engine wear.

If hook up is available wouldn't that mean there had the be external input for the 230v??

So been in contact with vw commercial vans on twitter about the hook up...

Were told all orders after 1st November have this OPTION .....

So not standard but an option, Why didnt they no 6 weeks ago when we asked.....

Think there will always something that gets added after you order your Cali.....

Shame as our hasn't started build and is due to be started week 45 we cant add it either.....

So latest update on Beach Hook up.....

Standard fit on all orders placed after 1st November or build week 45.....

When I had a call to say our Beach would be arriving next week Gary at City Gate said he had been in touch with VW brand support and was told...

Hook up is standard fit from BUILD week 45... Ours was built build week 45 so there is a chance we will have hook up as standard.... :D

At least we will find out next week one way or the other if we have it....

Could be the first one with it on.....

Heres hoping...... :D

I hope you are the first with electric hook up, best of luck.

VW are not good at producing up to date brochures, some one in the upper Management needs a kick up the backside.

Terry

VW are not good at producing up to date brochures, some one in the upper Management needs a kick up the backside.
:goodone

Also, Good Luck Shaun (bournmouthbeach) I hope you get your hook-up and look forward to seeing pics of your Milan Anthracite interior.
Bill

surfbus said:
:goodone

Also, Good Luck Shaun (bournmouthbeach) I hope you get your hook-up and look forward to seeing pics of your Milan Anthracite interior.
Bill

Cheers Bill.... At least yours will have hook up... :D

Hoping Gary may have a little something for putting you on to him... :thumb

Glad he was helpful. ?.. :thumb

Shaun

Merry Christmas to me and my wife....

Just had a call from Gary at City Gate our Beach has arrived AND it HAS HOOK UP.............

:bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

Were sooooo happy best Christmas present..... :D

Evening Bill

We pick Jed up on the 10th Jan....

Can't wait very over excited.... :)

Mornin' Shaun,

When I get over excited, I find that a quick review of the "Roof Bellows Issue" post always seems to calm me down. ;)

I hope that you, your wife and all the other forum members have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you at a future meet.

Bill

A question.. this electric hook up, does it charge the leisure battery? Or also the main battery? Does it come with a 230v socket inside the van?

Back