Autonomous California

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
So the vans packed and I’m off down the coast in a couple of hours when my mate has finished work.
But, I’m knackered today and really can’t be arsed driving. It got me thinking how good an autonomous California would be. I could set off at 6pm, sleep.
4 hrs later arrive and have a beer:thumb

So would you like an autonomous Cali...?
Good idea or bad idea

They'd be useless in some of the places I like to go because of narrow roads etc but yes I'd love a Cali that I could sit in the back and do something else whilst it drove me to my location. :D

You should go by train and book a motel! ;)

would be wonderful for the M6 between Birmingham & Preston on a Friday night
Actually I do think that is a great idea! (I drove from Birmingham to Nelson in Lancs last week)

They'd be useless in some of the places I like to go because of narrow roads etc but yes I'd love a Cali that I could sit in the back and do something else whilst it drove me to my location. :D

Even if it could dust off the motorway section, would be great.
Surely couldn’t be that hard for it to work on motorways. I’ve seen one of those autonomous Lawnmowers in action, they seem to work fine???

A9 from Perth to Inverness would be another good spot for autonomous self-driving cars.
Would give you the opportunity to enjoy the view & not get frustrated with the average speed cameras

Even if it could dust off the motorway section, would be great.
Surely couldn’t be that hard for it to work on motorways. I’ve seen one of those autonomous Lawnmowers in action, they seem to work fine???
I would definitely use it for the M5, what a boring road lol, I could actually enjoy the views instead :D

I can't pop the roof on the train and camp where I like? ;) plus trains are very expensive these days.
Hmmm....some Cali roofs can’t be popped either and camping where you like? Not in the UK and ........er. aren’t Calis a tad expensive too? ;)

I see the driving part of the trip ...and on top i can't sleep in any moving verhicle so not in my favor...

I would definitely use it for the M5, what a boring road lol, I could actually enjoy the views instead :D

We spot things on the way down to break it up.
Farmshop
Severn Bridge
The cliffs
Brown man &
The massive warehouse to name a few. Helps break the boredom ;)

I see the driving part of the trip ...and on top i can't sleep in any moving verhicle so not in my favor...

I struggle to sleep in moving vehicles to be honest. Planes, trains and cars.
Although it maybe because I’m sat upright instead of laying flat...?

But the autonomous Cali will have a smooth driving mode that goes slowly and gets you at your destination just as you're waking up.....bit like the cross channel ferries

Morrisons. :headbang Lol.

That’s the one. I counted something like 12seconds to pass at 70ish.
It’s pretty big...

Infact, will count again when passing Sunday.

In a kind of odd self-harming way I really like long road trips. What has me reaching for a sharp knife is traffic hold ups.

Autonomous for the stop-starty bits.

No, Never, your too long dead as it is. I don’t find motorways boring, not even traffic jams. It’s all part of life experiences.

[QUOTE="soulstyledevon, post: 313802,

So would you like an autonomous Cali...?
Good idea or bad idea[/QUOTE]

I already have one. I sit in the passenger seat and the better half drives me from A to B. All I have to do is speak destination.:Iamsorry

Autopilot on the Tesla certainly helps on those motorway miles (surprisingly more so in stop start traffic than the open road!), even ACC is something I miss in the Cali, but I am usually smiling bimbling along and in holiday mode int eh Cali c'est la vie

God forbid. I agree with Hotel California. Driving is part of the California experience.
Thank heavens I'm old enough to remember the freedom of the road and will be able to avoid all this AI autonomous electric do it all for you stuff. Poop poop