Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 Volkswagen T6 spied

Surely it is more a 5.3 rather than a 6.1? Looks like all Cali equip will fit the new one!

The net is full of people saying that the 2015 update to the current T5.1 will be an evolution of the current design and the spy shots seem to show this. Now whether they are just drive train mules as people suggest or the finished article we will have to see, but it does seem strange they would fit the new dash to a mule.
If it is just a hefty update then there is reason to believe the Cali will continue. Let's face it the back end us just a box with all the good stuff and complicated stuff upfront with new engines, dash, infotainment ect. making it a better place to be. I'm sure they will update the living area to distinguish the new model from the old.
Anyway we will have to see what the T6 is like in the flesh and see if it is more T5.5 than T6.

For some reason that reminds me of my old 2.8 Granada dashboard!

Californiaman said:
For some reason that reminds me of my old 2.8 Granada dashboard!
Showing your age there mark :laugh2

Was that the mark 2? I used to love that car when I was a kid, especially the Ghia. We never had one though.....

It was! An awesome machine. It was replaced with a Cortina Savage! (I should add that I'm not that old really, I just had a few mad cars years back for fun...)

I had to look that up as I'd never heard of it - what bhp was yours I see they did them up to 210!
The nearest we got to that was a mk3 cortina 2000GT which I used to like, dad used to change cars every 5 mins back then

I'm old enough to remember the Ford Granada (but not to say I've driven one) but.... never heard about the Cortina, that's was never sold at Spain. Maybe it was because "cortina" means "curtain" in Spanish and the marketing guys though it was not good idea to go to this market with such a name :laugh2 (other maker decided to do by changing the name. I.e. Mitsubishi Pajero is called Mitsubishi Montero due the bad "Pajero" sounds).

Any case, recovering the focus to the T6 bussines.... I guess this concept show something that could be in the actual T6, but as a concept, also introduces things that will no be part of the final version. i.e. the following coffe machine included in this concept:

volkswagen-tristar-concept-369.jpg

Also I find the colors a little.... let's say sidereal :lol:

here an interesting recreation made for someone (with more spare time than me) based on the VW Tristar Concept:

Volkswagen%2BT6%2BMultivan2.jpg

Here the link with more recreations: http://xtomi.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/volkswagen-t6-multivan-transporter.html

estresao said:
I'm old enough to remember the Ford Granada (but not to say I've driven one) but.... never heard about the Cortina, that's was never sold at Spain. Maybe it was because "cortina" means "curtain" in Spanish and the marketing guys though it was not good idea to go to this market with such a name :laugh2 (other maker decided to do by changing the name. I.e. Mitsubishi Pajero is called Mitsubishi Montero due the bad "Pajero" sounds).

Any case, recovering the focus to the T6 bussines.... I guess this concept show something that could be in the actual T6, but as a concept, also introduces things that will no be part of the final version. i.e. the following coffe machine included in this concept:

volkswagen-tristar-concept-369.jpg

Also I find the colors a little.... let's say sidereal :lol:

here an interesting recreation made for someone (with more spare time than me) based on the VW Tristar Concept:

Volkswagen%2BT6%2BMultivan2.jpg

Here the link with more recreations: http://xtomi.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/volkswagen-t6-multivan-transporter.html
I've got a feeling it was called the Taurus in Europe?

Yes!!, the Taurus was sold at Spain

The dashboard shows the current VW multifunction steering wheel and its fitted with what looks like the Discovery Sat Nav, not sure of it is the pro system. There is also the latest DIS between the dials.

Going back to the Infotainment system it appears to have two SD card slots on either side. With my Golf they are part of unit in the glovebox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a picture of the 2015 t6 California in Auto Bild de .... I'm not so sure about the colour

t6 cali - auto bild.PNG

I'm sure I can see some bubbling on the roof panel. Or is it just me? :laugh2

Do you got the link to the Autobild article?

i can tell you all the floor pan is the same as the T5 reason for this they cannot better seat system at the moment all though the foams and covers may differ the frames and rails will be identical to present ..

looking at the photos available the body shell doesn't look a great deal different different dashboard face lift front i.e wings headlights bonet bumper and front panel quarter panels look different quarter windows and i'm sure the interior will have a few enhancements ..
2019 theres going to be a whole new bus :hello :hello

thanks a lot jeetu2k. In the web page this is a video, but doesn't provide more images.

We have out a picture on our Bognor Motors Facebook, that we have been told, by VW fleet, is the nearest to how its going to look. As has been said, its the same chassis as the T5.

T6 with pop up roof, hook up and awning :)

b8bd5d250e6518d827462d7346dafdc2-jpg.312397.jpg

7cc544db0694b0cb635d4f6c7e13d35c-jpg.312398.jpg

Does it say California on the rear above the number plate?

From http://www.germancarforum.com/threads/2015-vw-t6.51998/

- Will be presented May 2015
- Based on T5 platform (no huge technical changes)
- More power to compete better with Mercedes V-class
- 231 hp 2.0l diesel from the Passat
- Will only be in production five years until 2020 when new pedestrian and emissions standards make a all new T7 necessary.

The second picture look like a made in photo-shop. if you see closely rear tail gate light in first picture and second picture both has in different location (Hight). in second picture its showing little lower then first one. defiantly its not right one.

JK

The 2nd photo did look a little strange...

Think the first one looks genuine?

Positive if it is (having a roof & hook up)

Back