Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 In the Press

Ah - tiredness detector. It locates the nearest campsite, drives there, auto roof elevates and the seats convert into a bed, cup of Horlicks served and plays the sound of waves on the ICE to lull you to sleep!

Must get my order in:D

Starting at £30k - I doubt that!

Does Martin's link imply the mid range 'Coast' model has a kitchen but with a manual roof?

it will be interesting to see how they are priced, if the headline 30k starting point is correct that will effect the T5 price I guess, also with the £ to € rate this may have an effect who knows but, I'm going to order a new T6 as soon as I can.

Of the three new Californias, the Beach represents the entry level. But don't be deceived, as it comes with a seven passenger capacity. Manual pop-up roofs, two different layouts for the bench seat, and rotating front seats make for both a comfortable and social life inside the camper. The removable camping table hidden in the sliding door and the folding chairs hidden in the tailgate also open up avenues for some fresh air enjoyment.

The California Coast is the newest of the three and emphasizes the motorhome character more than the others. As such, it has slightly less room for passengers, down to five. To make up for that, it comes with a kitchen unit that boasts of a stainless steel sink, 42-liter cool box, and a twin-hob Piezo ignited gas cooker.

The Ocean is the top of the line camper van, adding auxiliary heating, Climatronic, and more. And instead of the manual pop-up roofs on the Beach and Coast, the Ocean employs electrohydraulic power to control it.

Ironically, despite the name, the new Volkswagen California T6 models are not sold in California, or anywhere in the US for that matter. Advance sales of the new Californias have started in Germany, with prices starting at 41,429.85 EUR.

It's like history repeating itself... Shame they haven't called the Cali Ocean the Atlantic though, that would have been a nice touch.

Looks like the t6 is not far away people and if the prices are as competitive as starting around 30k I need to get one on order I'm presuming this is a base beech model never the less people are asking way over that for 3 to to 5 year old Cali
I would think the t5 model will be in for a financial tumble once this new models out exciting times ahead hey

Looks like the t6 is not far away people and if the prices are as competitive as starting around 30k I need to get one on order I'm presuming this is a base beech model never the less people are asking way over that for 3 to to 5 year old Cali
I would think the t5 model will be in for a financial tumble once this new models out exciting times ahead hey

Where are you getting your info from?

Other sources have said that the T6 launch date in the UK hasn't been announced, the prices have gone up and the factory is overrun with non UK orders.

Highly doubt the T6 Cali SE is going to be £30k....

Don't think there will be a Cali option for £30k unfortunately and T6 on our shores could be another 12 months at least according to some other threads due to massive orders on the continent.

I think he is talking out his backside tbh, there is no way they will have the T6 Cali cheaper than the T5!

No chance, I doubt if we will even see a T6 Cali in 2016 let along this year, this will keep prices static.

Hey before u all get excited I was just referring to the top gear link in an earlier post top gear must be getting there information from some where people's

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-vw-california-in-german-2015-06-12

It states prices starting at 42000 euro =30000
Just have to see there correct hey

That is for an entry level beach in solid colour with no alloys or extras at all, basically a transporter with a pop roof and seat bed. This model will be better specced in the UK and a lot more expensive.

If you read the link all
The information is there on the Topgear link
May be they have it wrong hey. Don't shoot the messenger

I think I'll hold on all the same before I put
late 30's early 40's into a used !

I did originally post I suspect this price is for a beech !
Then everyone started posting I doubt this doubt that may be read the posts correctly before firing
Used beeches are still mid 30's please read original post and base or not it says 30 neather the less people's ;)

Hi moysvdub1
I have read your post your quite wright you did originally post as you said and the link does state as you said

Hopefully the roofs will be rot proof on the t6's California hey :bananadance

And I was just pointing out the Topgear link is for the lhd base model that will be completely different when it hits our shores as will the price in sterling.
But hey, good luck.

no offence taken Larry
I'll speak to my friends in Germany see if I can find out when they start building Rhd Cali's on the line at least this will give a heads up for sure when it's due to land and see if the UK dealers have any correct pricing information

I think some one is underestimating how popular the California is and bearing in mind they sell like hot cakes old or new , I doubt the T5 is going to be impacted as far as prices taking a tumble is concerned that would be so significant to worry about , because not everyone will be able to afford a t6 so will ensure a good resale on t5 ... To say the least about the market place / available t6 which will be a few years until they filter down
That's how it works doesn't it?
Or am I talking

Back