Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 or 3 way electric hook up splitters

Cali4nia

Cali4nia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Morning all,
Does anyone have any experience with 2 way or 3 way electric hookup splitters.
My only concern is the Cali side will be protected but the awning side will not, however there is a work around as I have seen rcd 4 gang sockets available.
What do you guys and gals use. Or do you just run an extension out of the Cali which is probably the cheapest option but I'm not sure i want unsightly cables running in and out or a trip hazard.
Cheers

We bought a three way splitter but have never used it. We also have a gang set, like you describe, with a euro plug and circuit breaker, which is from our old camping days. We've taken that with us a couple of times and normally unplugged the van cable to plug it in, rather than use the splitter, as the splitter turned out to be a bit solid and I'm concerned that it would be a physical strain on the campsite outlet. You could also overload the campsite circuit electrically. especially as many are only 6 or 10 amp. Instead we now leave the camping gang set at home and just use a domestic, *earthed* gang plug out of our 240V socket, so we have the full protection of the van circuitry. We just make sure we don't use it in the open air in wet conditions.

... and I'd add that what I we do is just for the duration of our cooking ouside, and the extension is not left outside or in an awning

You need the special username & password found in the vip lounge :thumb

Yes sorted now thank you

-