Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Worktop protection

The problem was everybody was keen on the idea to start with untill they heard the price
We didnt realise how much time and effort these took to make. We have approached several other companys about making these with no luck. I wish aj all the luck with these
who is everybody

We had a big list of people that were interested about 2 years ago

My Red ones are still on and I really like the Quality, Fit, and the look it gives to the interior.

If anyone wants cheaper options those nice people at Adnams very kindly introduced some colour co-ordinated 'worktop protectors'.....£1.99 ;)

image.jpg

A light blue would be good?

Just frosted glass for now, but what colour would you like? My supplier may have to buy material specially though.

Andrew.
I'd like a set, but happy to wait to see if colour options are an option. Purple? (I know I know sounds bad but have some very nice Jackyard covers to match)
jackyard.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Had a call from the manufacturer on Friday to inform me that the first 20 kits will be ready to collect later this week. As soon as I get them I will post an update here with payment options etc.

I see a few of you would like a different colour to compliment seat covers etc, I will discuss this with the manufacturer to find out the minimum material order and the cost.

Andrew.

the picture answers my question then. Vinyl not perspex. Is the vinyl pre-cut to shape? Also this is going to be difficult the joe public to fit themselves is it not?

That is a big area to apply vinyl and get a perfect finish, I even had trouble applying a car sticker

I don't think it will be a problem. Spray soapy water over both surfaces first and it should be fine. I have done windows and the biggest problem is getting the cut absolutely right. If these are a perfect fit in the first place then no worries.

the picture answers my question then. Vinyl not perspex. Is the vinyl pre-cut to shape? Also this is going to be difficult the joe public to fit themselves is it not?

See first page:

These frosted glass finished protective covers as fitted to our California kitchen have been computer cut to the exact size of both burner / sink and the fridge glass work tops and can be applied in minutes using the supplied 3M squeege and a misting of soapy water solution using an old household spray bottle.

Holes are pre cut in both of the protective covers to accommodate the circular gas strut fixing on both work tops and act as a guide when fitting. The soapy solution enables you to move the protector around until it is in the correct position before squeeging the solution to the edges to leave it stuck in place.

The covers are also really easy to remove should you wish to replace them with a new set in the future, rather like a mobile phone screen protector.

See first page:

These frosted glass finished protective covers as fitted to our California kitchen have been computer cut to the exact size of both burner / sink and the fridge glass work tops and can be applied in minutes using the supplied 3M squeege and a misting of soapy water solution using an old household spray bottle.

Holes are pre cut in both of the protective covers to accommodate the circular gas strut fixing on both work tops and act as a guide when fitting. The soapy solution enables you to move the protector around until it is in the correct position before squeeging the solution to the edges to leave it stuck in place.

The covers are also really easy to remove should you wish to replace them with a new set in the future, rather like a mobile phone screen protector.
With all due respect 9 out of 10 people will not be able to fit this vinyl. You should be calling it a 'film' rather than a cover.

With all due respect 9 out of 10 people will not be able to fit this vinyl. You should be calling it a 'film' rather than a cover.

9 out of 10..... Really?

I was amazed at how simple it was and the opportunity you have to move it around until you are happy with its position. I have never done anything like this before and mine have been applied perfectly with no air bubbles etc on numerous occasions (test fitting various prototypes).

If anyone is really unsure I will happily produce a short you tube video or I am sure a vinyl cutting shop would happily apply them for a small fee.

Andrew.

I have tried to use window tint and vinyl in the past its tricky to get right i wish you well with these andrew:thumb

if even I can fit side stripes at my first attempt (and I did) I'm sure fitting these on a flat horizontal surface will be a piece of cake..

I am useless at things like this, I tried to fit some graphics on the tailgate that i bought from a compnany is Spain, in turned into a right shambles

I am useless at things like this, I tried to fit some graphics on the tailgate that i bought from a compnany is Spain, in turned into a right shambles

I will endeavour to get a You Tube video uploaded asap to show people just how easy the vinyl application is.

Andrew.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

25 worktop protector kits are now available.

Payment via PayPal or personal cheque.

Private Message via Forum
Email: ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk
Tel: 07737385962 text or call.

Last edited:
As glass and me do not go well together I probably need some over the whole Cali, hell go the whole hog and do me too! Put me down for a set please.
Zebedee

Hi Andrew,
Congratulations on your DIY baby daughter.
I have just bought a set of your protectors on Ebay.
Many thanks
Paul.

Fitting Worktop Protection
We ordered some of the work top protectors and as we live locally I arranged with Andrew to collect them. Not only was he happy for us to collect them, but very kindly offered to fit them for us. Which we gratefully accepted.
The secret is to get the glass really, really clean with a lint free duster, baby wipe or similar. Peel off the paper backing, liberally spray both surfaces with soapy water, then apply the vinyl surface to the glass. Move it around until it is a perfect fit. It is a smidgeon narrower than the glass 1/16". Then squeegee the excess water out. They are a perfect fit and cut neatly around the metal studs.

Andrew was so meticulous about getting the surface clean as even a spec of grit will be very conspicuous and the finished effect is perfect.
We've not had the spill test yet, but Andrew has and reports no adverse effects.
Simon

Fitting Worktop Protection
We ordered some of the work top protectors and as we live locally I arranged with Andrew to collect them. Not only was he happy for us to collect them, but very kindly offered to fit them for us. Which we gratefully accepted.
The secret is to get the glass really, really clean with a lint free duster, baby wipe or similar. Peel off the paper backing, liberally spray both surfaces with soapy water, then apply the vinyl surface to the glass. Move it around until it is a perfect fit. It is a smidgeon narrower than the glass 1/16". Then squeegee the excess water out. They are a perfect fit and cut neatly around the metal studs.

Andrew was so meticulous about getting the surface clean as even a spec of grit will be very conspicuous and the finished effect is perfect.
We've not had the spill test yet, but Andrew has and reports no adverse effects.
Simon

Thanks for the write up about the protectors Simon, it was lovely to meet you both yesterday.

I'm really pleased you both like them, it took a bit of time to get the design exactly right, but it has been well worth the effort, just wish I fitted them earlier. It would of saved lots of stress with the little one banging her mugs and pans down over the last couple of years!!

Your new California is a beauty, lots of fantastic times ahead for the two of you, I wish ours had 160 miles on the clock!

See you around no doubt, we will give you a wave.

Andrew.

Batch 1 Delivery Update:

Only a few sets from the first batch remaining after more sold than we expected over the weekend.

To avoid lots of individual trips to the courier drop off and as we are a bit busy with baby no.2, I will be taking them all at once on Wednesdsy this week, so they should be with you for the weekend hopefully.

Andrew.

Back