Worktop protection

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
image.jpeg image.jpeg

The glass work tops are easily scratched, and are very expensive to replace.

These frosted glass finished protective covers as fitted to our California kitchen have been computer cut to the exact size of both burner / sink and the fridge glass work tops and can be applied in minutes using the supplied 3M squeege and a misting of soapy water solution using an old household spray bottle.

Holes are pre cut in both of the protective covers to accommodate the circular gas strut fixing on both work tops and act as a guide when fitting. The soapy solution enables you to move the protector around until it is in the correct position before squeeging the solution to the edges to leave it stuck in place (See YouTube video below):

The covers are also really easy to remove should you wish to replace them with a new set in the future or have a change of colour, rather like a mobile phone screen protector.

Please post your initial interest here so that we can gauge production numbers, 25 kits are being made initially. The original post was removed, so please repost here if you would still like a set.

£25.50 inc postage (Available Now)

Available by PayPal payment or personal cheque

Andrew Spicer via
Private forum message
Ajsmail@blueyonder.co.uk

image.jpeg

Last edited:
This has now kindly been explained by the Forum Administrators.

Update to follow in the next few days subject to the arrival of our baby!!!!

This has now kindly been explained by the Forum Administrators.

Update to follow in the next few days subject to the arrival of our baby!!!!

Best wishes in advanced to you and your wife! All the best to the unborn newborn baby!

Assuming it's not a new Cali you're talking about, or even if it is, congratulations and good luck :thumb

Apologies for not updating this post for those who have expressed interest, our baby daughter arrived in the early hours of Thursday morning. Whilst a home birth wasn't planned, I delivered the baby myself as the ambulance didn't arrive in time, as things started to progress a lot lot quicker than expected!

Now that I have a couple of weeks paternity leave and have mastered the nappy changes again, I will have some spare time to get some kits made up for those who have expressed interest and will be setting up a trade member account on here in the coming day or two.

Looking forward to many happy holidays with our two little girls, especially now I can relax now our Cali is covered with protection here, there and everywhere!

Andrew.

It is easier 2nd time around.

CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations! And still very interested please

Could be interested but just wondering how easy this would be to clean? Also if it is vinyl you normally only have one chance of fitting it, if you screw up you need to bin it and start again. It is a big area to cover. Maybe a Youtube installation video could help avoid this? Thanks

Congratulations on the birth of your baby daughter and well done for delivering her yourself ... amazing. Hope mother and daughter are both doing well.

Still interested in the worktop protection when you have further information :)

Could be interested but just wondering how easy this would be to clean? Also if it is vinyl you normally only have one chance of fitting it, if you screw up you need to bin it and start again. It is a big area to cover. Maybe a Youtube installation video could help avoid this? Thanks

The application of these to the glass is really simple, I had the same concerns as you Blakeley, but having taken guidance from the supplier, you simply spray a fine mist of soapy solution on the sticky side of the vinyl and you get to slide it around until you are happy with the fit.

Once in place, simply squeeze out all the soapy solution to the edges using the squeege supplied and it is then stuck in place.

This material also cleans up easily, I tested various curry / pasta sauces on it overnight, and they wiped away with no signs the next morning.

Furthermore, should you ever wish to remove them for a change of colour etc they are really easy to take off and leave no residue.

Simples.

Andrew.

The glass work tops are easily scratched, and are very expensive to replace.

These frosted glass finished protective covers as fitted to our California kitchen have been computer cut to the exact size of both burner / sink and the fridge glass work tops and can be applied in minutes using the supplied 3M squeege and a misting of soapy water solution using an old household spray bottle.

Holes are pre cut in both of the protective covers to accommodate the circular gas strut fixing on both work tops and act as a guide when fitting. The soapy solution enables you to move the protector around until it is in the correct position before squeeging the solution to the edges to leave it stuck in place.

The covers are also really easy to remove should you wish to replace them with a new set in the future, rather like a mobile phone screen protector.

Please post your initial interest here so that we can gauge production numbers, 20 kits are being made initially. The original post was removed, so please repost here if you would still like a set.

£25.50 inc postage (Available Now)
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, are these offered in different colours?

Cheers

Great! Possible to order from Switzerland (I would pay in advanced). Thank you.

Great! Possible to order from Switzerland (I would pay in advanced). Thank you.

Yes no problem, I will let you know the extra cost for postage to Switzerland.

Andrew.

Hi, are these offered in different colours?

Cheers

Just frosted glass for now, but what colour would you like? My supplier may have to buy material specially though.

Andrew.

Looks fantastic, put me down for one please.

I am interested in a set of these

Brilliant, count me in for a set :)
Thank you.

I would also be interested. Please count me in

I am also interested, please add me to the list

Yes please, we will have a set as well please.

Back