sticker on bottom of 2012 tail gate

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone tell me what the small silver sticker is on the bottom of the tail gate of new cali's?
I have no idea as it appear to be in German???

Andy

Andy welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the gas certificate sticker required by law in Germany.

John

thanks John and I thought it was something more intresting

Not needed in the Uk, we just remove ours :thumb

I asked when we got ours and was told it was certification that the gas system was OK and we shouldn't remove it. It would be needed when we crossed the Channel - they didn't mention Germany though, we thought it was something to do with being allowed on a ferry or the tunnel.

Does it last forever or do the Germans insist it is renewed after a number of years?

Its for the German market, and they have to get it re-checked, I think every 5 or 10 years? - Im sure someone will confrim this. Its not need for the UK market

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:

Really? Right, I'm off to remove mine. It's minging!

KernowLad said:
BMVS-Camper-Hire said:

Really? Right, I'm off to remove mine. It's minging!

Maybe you better leave it if you intend to tour Germany. I heard some camping sites actually check them (something to do with their insurance?). They are only valid for three years though (or two after renewal).

So does this mean that all the T2,T25,T4 & T5's with factory conversions and home brews all have to have this sticker if going to germany if they have an internal gas system then. :?: :?:

Toured in Germany in my previous Cali when the sticker had expired - no sites checked the validity - maybe because it was a UK van.
They may be more vigilant with German vans/caravans.

Hubert

remove it! :eek:
its part of its factory stock heritage ;)
it's not a requirement that all foreigners comply but forms part of their TUV (MOT) and legal for german certification for road use for german registered vehicles
(plus it reassures buyers its all been checked and approved)

Cool cheers David .. It dies seem pointless as its not a uk cert

KernowLad said:
No German trips planned. Just France!

I can recommend kaysersberg kernow.
Was there last week - lovely area in the alsace if you like wine you'll be in heaven :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

choplee said:
So does this mean that all the T2,T25,T4 & T5's with factory conversions and home brews all have to have this sticker if going to germany if they have an internal gas system then. :?: :?:

No, only campers and caravans registered in Germany need to have a valid sticker and log to be allowed on the road. As for individual camping sites checking them, that appears to be very rare indeed. I just researched where I read the story, it proved to be TüV, the company perfoming the inspection (for good money).

So if you have a regular check in the UK, I wouldn't bother about the German log. Still, it can't harm to leave the sticker in place (or the log with your car papers) during the first three years while it is valid.