Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

tail gate badge removal

I would also be intrested to know both the rear and front ones I have seen some black ones which say the are simple to fit have tried twisting and pulling the original ones but can get them off dont want to force them of :shocked

The front should be a slight clockwise turn to release and pull away.

The rear is bonded. Warm with a heat gun (hair dryer) and gently lever off with a soft trim tool, remove excess adhesive.

Dental floss and a hair drier - Just gently heat it up then slide dental floss behind it. Finally clean off the residue. Simple :thumb

Stu said:
The front should be a slight clockwise turn to release and pull away.

The rear is bonded. Warm with a heat gun (hair dryer) and gently lever off with a soft trim tool, remove excess adhesive.

Stu

I'm going to look like a t*t here but when you say front badge, do you mean the VW badge?

James

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Dental floss and a hair drier - Just gently heat it up then slide dental floss behind it. Finally clean off the residue. Simple :thumb

I can second that technique, works well :thumb

Dental floss works a treat. Used it a few times. Thought it was mad at first but it's surprisingly strong. It only becomes a problem if you don't have teeth and then you have to buy it specially. :D

Stu reference "Front"VW badge :thanks for info