Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

Does anyone know if the Vw California lifestyle seat covers fit the se as well as the Beach? According to the van centre they are for the Beach

I got mine from INKA as well...work well and fit snug ,so happy seats now ....

@callreg we keep looking at these, what price are they from Inka?

Fitting of the Inka second skin covers take a good hour to fit. You also need strong fingers to get the fabric behind the plastic seat trim, or use the rounded handle of a metal teaspoon as I did. Worked a treat.
They have a quality feel to them and the finished look is excellent.:thumb

We've now got our Beach with its VW seat covers fitted by the dealer. They're identical to the material of the actual seats and extremely well-fitting. £275 for the two front seats. They look great and feel protective. I think it took the mechanic quite a while to squeeze them on, mind you, so I don't think we'll be whipping them off for cleaning every five minutes.

Had our Jackyards covers fitted today. They look and feel great. Photo doesn't really do them justice. Our spaniel Bob is particularly pleased as up until now he has not been allowed in the van.DSC_5276a.jpg

We want to enjoy our cali so used scotchguard fabric protector, just needed 2 tins for about £10 to cover all soft bits including door and side trims. Just stinks strong and needed all windows n doors open for a few hours whilst drying. Proven results with our 2 and 3 year olds and a trusty pack of baby wipes. Always dubious with waterproof pvc seat covers as any spills would run straight down the seat into the edge, front seats have electrics and fuses etc directly underneath!

Why don't they supply seats with removable and washable covers?:headbang Easy enough.
What's the point of covering your seats with £500 quids worth of non-waterproof covers?
Surely some scotchgard and a few professional cleans occasionally will keep them reasonable and maybe a cheap waterproof cover or throw if you have dirty dogs on board. You can make a waterproof throw easy enough if you want the cosy look.

Why don't they supply seats with removable and washable covers?:headbang Easy enough.
What's the point of covering your seats with £500 quids worth of non-waterproof covers?
Surely some scotchgard and a few professional cleans occasionally will keep them reasonable and maybe a cheap waterproof cover or throw if you have dirty dogs on board. You can make a waterproof throw easy enough if you want the cosy look.

Our Lifestyle collection of tailored automotive seat covers are a high-quality, easy-to-fit accessory which are breathable, hard-wearing and manufactured in FibreTexTM, the same high-performance material utilised on your original seats. This material is rigorously tested under laboratory conditions to ensure the protection of your original seats from the elements, effectively acting as a double skin. Incorporating the latest technologies, these seat covers are designed to protect as well as maintain an original factory look to your vehicle interior.

Our Lifestyle collection of tailored automotive seat covers are a high-quality, easy-to-fit accessory which are breathable, hard-wearing and manufactured in FibreTexTM, the same high-performance material utilised on your original seats. This material is rigorously tested under laboratory conditions to ensure the protection of your original seats from the elements, effectively acting as a double skin. Incorporating the latest technologies, these seat covers are designed to protect as well as maintain an original factory look to your vehicle interior.

Fair enough, but what happens with a spillage? Are they sweaty? These covers should be standard on any campervan. Period.

Personally I have never found home or car protective treatments that effective. Given the fairly boring VW seating colours in the SE (although the beach is brighter) We decided to to brighten up our interior with jackyard covers we like the colours avalible the sail cloth material gives good protection from spills washes well and has a good feel when sitting on them.
These work well for us. Owned for the best part of 3 years now and 40k miles wearing well if I changed for a new van tomorrow would take these with me.
Seat covers very individual choice these work for the way we use our California. Expensive yes, you need to ÷ the cost over the life of your van

As above....all personal choice of course but we do love our Jackyards seat covers, excellent quality and brighten things up a bit :)

I bought the lifestyle ones because of safety I know a friend who had an accident and there airbag didn't go off the insurance company said
The seat covers should have been tested an CE approved for use with airbags needless to say they never paid up. Are jackyards CE approved
And tested?

We have the Inka seat covers, they have been through the wash several times now and always come out loooking like new

Brought a Brandrup front and rear set this weekend at COTF from SMG.
Fit like a glove. Very happy campers.

Do they still allow seatbelt use? We have 2 spaniels and want maybe just hte waterproof covers to protect the rear seat. We do however use the seatbelts to connect their harnesses to, so we need the seatbelts accessible.

Do they still allow seatbelt use? We have 2 spaniels and want maybe just hte waterproof covers to protect the rear seat. We do however use the seatbelts to connect their harnesses to, so we need the seatbelts accessible.

With Brandrup covers the seatbelts are for sure acceseble.
You can hardly see they are covers , looks spot on like the original fabric.

I have the Inka waterproof seat covers (front and back) and they allow full access to the seatbelts. They fit well and do exactly what I hoped they would, allowing me to relax and the dogs to enjoy full use of their home-from-home without me fussing about the seats getting marked. :thumb

I have gone for Jackyards, they are very well made and the material is superb. You can specify the colours and add graphics, letters VW logo etc. I was so impressed I designed a bag to go in the under seat drawer for clothing and also a Porta potty cover. image.jpg

What is the price point of the Jackywards? The website seems a bit broken at the moment.

Has anyone got the seat covers from seatcovers.de?

Back