Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers

D

Dazshep

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hiya everyone.
I know it probably has been asked a million times but I am seeking advise on seat covers.
I have suffered serious cramp trawling various sites (brand up, inka, jack yards etc) and am just asking the true testers for their advise.
Bruce will be my vehicle to use for everything, work, cycle trips, dog, wife, and kids that can't hit their mouths when eating as well as nights/ weeks away.
Over to you.

I have a large slobbering Newfoundland dog who will be keeping me company on trips away and these covers could be what I need. Do they take long to fit?

They take about an hour to do properly:thumb

Hiya everyone.
I know it probably has been asked a million times but I am seeking advise on seat covers.
I have suffered serious cramp trawling various sites (brand up, inka, jack yards etc) and am just asking the true testers for their advise.
Bruce will be my vehicle to use for everything, work, cycle trips, dog, wife, and kids that can't hit their mouths when eating as well as nights/ weeks away.
Over to you.
We've just received the Inka waterproof ones + £120 less 5%, fit well; and I'm confident the seats will be as new underneath no matter what is spilt on them of who jumps on them.

Only problem is you are not getting the benefit of the OEM fabric but we can take our 2 ry old granddaughter out without fussing about getting marks on the seats.

If you spend too much on seat covers you worry about getting them grubby!

It's surprising how easy it is to keep some of the fabric ones looking clean. I think everyone has their own preference for design and fabric. Our Brandrup ones have been great so far, though I haven't tried pouring liquids on them. I had two tots at a country park this week, contents from lunch boxes and muddy wellie feet marks all on the bench seat cover. A quick wipe with baby wipes and not a trace. Any part of the set can also be popped in the washing machine and they come out like new.
I like the fact that it doesn't feel like there are covers on when we're using the van and when the seat needs to be used for something really oily or messy (bike, tyres etc) I have one of Asda's completely flat rectangle nylon, back seat covers at £5 which can be laid over bench to cover it temporarily, it folds really small and lives in a seat pocket.

Last edited:
I think everyone has their own preference for design and fabric. The Brandrup ones have been great so far, though I haven't tried pouring liquids on them. I had two tots at a country park this week, contents from lunch boxes and muddy wellie feet marks all on the bench seat cover. A quick wipe with baby wipes and not a trace. Any part of the set can also be popped in the washing machine and they come out like new.
I like the fact that it doesn't feel like there are covers on when we're using the van and when the seat needs to be used for something really oily or messy (bike, tyres etc) I have one of Asda's completely flat rectangle nylon, back seat covers at £5 which can be laid over bench to cover it temporarily, it folds really small and lives in a seat pocket.

I think before Inka released their Second Skin covers that Brandrup Second Skins were the covers of choice, however the Inka Second Skins are padded & waterproof and cheaper too.

I think before Inka released their Second Skin covers that Brandrup Second Skins were the covers of choice, however the Inka Second Skins are padded & waterproof and cheaper too.
I completely agree, the new ones look great.

Vw will stop selling brandrup and use vw branded inka seat covers
They have been improved I have been speaking to inka and they explained it all

+1 for ink. We got the old ones, only real negative is when it is hot - they can be sticky.

this is great feedback. need to get my wallet out now and get some bought. i think the inka ones have it. thanks again.

Don't forget to sign up as a VIP and get your discount!

Cost of VIP is £9.99 and think you'll get £25 off the covers :)

I have been loitering on which covers to buy and yesterday had to put a large trolley in the back and didn't realise it had muddy and oily wheels, needless to say one of my seats got badly marked on the light grey bit, I feel foolish for spending all that money on the van and then dilly dallying around when it comes to a set of seat covers. This thread has convinced me to get the inks ones ordered.

I have been loitering on which covers to buy and yesterday had to put a large trolley in the back and didn't realise it had muddy and oily wheels, needless to say one of my seats got badly marked on the light grey bit, I feel foolish for spending all that money on the van and then dilly dallying around when it comes to a set of seat covers. This thread has convinced me to get the inks ones ordered.

Try this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00114WOBC/?tag=eliteelect-21

Halfords sell it I think

We bought the inks covers when I got milk out of the fridge and put it on the seat. Stable door and horse!! But now we always use them when carrying stuff and grandchild. We take them off when we are somewhere hit and dry.

We are really happy with them

Sue

I'm thinking about the Inka lifestyle covers for the new Beach (two-seat rear bench), but I was wondering what the dark grey fabric looks like in the interior. We've got light grey with the blue stripes at the moment. Dark seems more practical, but will it look a bit bizarre? Failed to find any in situ pics in my obsessive internet searching. £500 seems an awful lot, so any alternatives out there? I'm not keen on the plasticky-looking waterproof ones...looks like the seats are wearing anoraks.

I'm thinking about the Inka lifestyle covers for the new Beach (two-seat rear bench), but I was wondering what the dark grey fabric looks like in the interior. We've got light grey with the blue stripes at the moment. Dark seems more practical, but will it look a bit bizarre? Failed to find any in situ pics in my obsessive internet searching. £500 seems an awful lot, so any alternatives out there? I'm not keen on the plasticky-looking waterproof ones...looks like the seats are wearing anoraks.

I've just finished ripping mine off, literally. I'm currently living with a blanket draped over until I make my mind up, again ...

The dark grey was so miserable that even my dogs were calling the Samaritans when we were away.

bella wants samaritans.jpg

"Please Aunty Jen .... Not the grey again .... can you call Samaritans for me ...."

I rather liked the darker grey, actually, but I know what you mean. They (and the light grey) are a bit chilly-looking. My plan is to get some colour in there too (cushions, a rug..just needs a homely touch!), but at least the seats underneath will be protected. Throws just aren't going to work on the front seats, I fear.

I'm looking at Jackyards, once I've made up my mind for how long I am keeping Albert for.

Summer, no problem, doors open, lots of light, the grey fades away, but long winter nights, I came back from Northern Scotland and they just had to go :happy

OK. A compromise. VW front covers fitted and ready for us when we pick Beachy up next week. £275. Throw to go on the back bench as part of our 'make it cosy' campaign.

Are they the new VW second skin covers? Wasn't sure if they were out yet.

Naively, I didn't ask. Hope it doesn't make too much of a difference. I'll let you know what they're like after pick-up next week.

Back