Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safety of members is the duty of any forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 books on French Aires when we got our van 8 years ago.
stayed in a couple, sorry definitely not for us Even though they might be Free.
This is probably the last year now certainly in a California. We just find it too cramped Even with our awning room.. And for those who stay exclusively on Aires then you can’t put anything out at night. No extra room like with an awning room Or even chairs and a table. Just a space 6’ x 5 ’ for 2 of you .That’s eat, sleep, wash, cook, toilet. ALL inside the van. If you are not following the rules of an Aire then you shouldn’t be using them.
You get more room in a prison cell……

This is our first trip abroad in our camper. So playing it safe at the moment. Stupid question but how do you find these Aires by rivers, canals,other nice locations? Do you just drive until you see one?
I generally use 3 sources. Park4Night, which can be hit or mis, France Passion (I won't be renewing next year) and Google Maps/Pocket Earth. This is tonights digs near Beaume. Electrical hookup, water and FREE Wifi. Can accommodate 6, each separated by a 12 ft tall conifer hedge. Total cost ZERO. I did spend 2 nights over 4 days here it was so good, so I bought one of the proprietors overpriced bottles of own label white Bourgogne. I'll savour that when I get home and want to relive the experience.

tonight.jpg

You get more room in a prison cell……
I hear some of those prison cells can be like spa retreats, so no arguments there.

If you can live within the confined space than Campervaning is Ace, and the French do their bit by offering spaces. I do agree that many council Aires can be overpriced. The one in Beaune was over 17 Euros not including water or electricity, but that town is a real tourist trap so not surprised. I just used the 4hr free parking to explore the sights before getting out of Dodge and into my Conifer Cocoon.

The other one, where we stayed, had EHU/toilets/showers/etc. €14 per night.
Agree, some of the French Municipal sites are excellent value at less than 20 euros with facilities, proper pitch and usually bar/food available.

Wannabe called me out for a post I made in this thread (#56).

I complained about his choice of language because it trivialised the offence that the P and N words can cause.

It wasn't an attempt to curtail his 'free speech' - it was 'why don't you treat people with a modicum of respect?'

The world has changed - change with it, or spend the rest of your life angry.
The world has changed. Correct. For the worst . Its so bad now you can't even say what a woman is. The world is a mess with all this left thinking. I don't want to be part of it. Put your mask on in your car,moan about brexit and do as your told. I will not change with this.

Try having a nephew who is an Inclusion and Diversity Officer for a big store.

Ticks all the boxes, him and his partner, and turns up with a hair in a pony tail and a hipster beard.

I cracked a joke about "bombs" and he was offended. When I said I was now offended at him being offended........because of my original comment - how do we square that one? The glare I got was so funny but then in hindsight I did consider teaching him an expensive lession. I thought I would pay over the first 50k of any inheritance we leave to him to a left leaning organisation . He is a classic happy to spend money as long as its not his.......love him dearly though!

Try having a nephew who is an Inclusion and Diversity Officer for a big store.

Ticks all the boxes, him and his partner, and turns up with a hair in a pony tail and a hipster beard.

I cracked a joke about "bombs" and he was offended. When I said I was now offended at him being offended........because of my original comment - how do we square that one? The glare I got was so funny but then in hindsight I did consider teaching him an expensive lession. I thought I would pay over the first 50k of any inheritance we leave to him to a left leaning organisation . He is a classic happy to spend money as long as its not his.......love him dearly though!
If you really want to confuse him, ask him what a woman is. And listen to his undoubtedly lengthy and impassioned response on identity politics.

...Then ask about the XX chromosones that only real women have and can ever have

Arghhhh, hmmmm ....... (Of all the people he knew, he was most worried about my reaction. He shouldn't have been)

We did talk about slavery and reparations and that was interesting as he was less opinated with his views and happy to participate in a discussion. However that conversation was after he called my earlier comment a racist remark

@flying banana . I am a little worried about you and hope you are ok.
There are lots of opinions on this thread, @Wannabecamperman seems indignant that language may have changed, @WelshGas disagrees with some of what has been said, but you come across as genuinely angry and upset at comments that have been made and I hope that you are ok.

To help put you mind at rest, here's a few facts that you might not read in the Daily Mail.

1) Apart from Andy Burnham and Sadiq Khan, it's the RIGHT wing that have been in power for THIRTEEN years. Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss, and Sunak have been making ALL the big decisions. The last three PMs have been very much pressured by the ERG, the far right of their party. Left wing politics stopped in 2010 with the Building Schools for the Future programme.

2) The costs of dealing with the housing and welfare of those families coming over in dinghies and small boats is ALL being paid for our of our Foreign Aid budget (0.5% of GDP). The people that are losing out are the would be recipients of foreign aid in other countries. It is not coming out of our benefits bill.

3) When we outlawed slavery we didn't compensate the slaves, we compensated the slavers, to the tune of £17 billion.

4) When we created our empire we did it through Divide and Conquer, get the people to fight each other, then sit above them, rule and enjoy the spoils. THIS is now what seems to be happening in the UK, the media are creating lots of angry people, angry at the LEFT for the decisions that a RIGHT wing government have made.

e.g.1 Johnson -> Leave the EU -> Leave the Dublin Agreement -> Increase in small boats as people know that there is no legal mechanism to deport them.

e.g.2 Johnson -> 2020 Environment Act -> Clean up cities -> Low Traffic Network and ULEZ

I hope you are ok, I'm a little concerned that the Daily Mail / GB News / Talk Radio / Telegraph / Facebook Feed are manipulating you into the role of Angry Man that directs his hatred at those who have no power whatsoever, the Left and Poor People . Be well @flying banana

Happy camping.

There are lots of opinions on this thread, @Wannabecamperman seems indignant that language may have changed, @WelshGas disagrees with some of what has been said, but you come across as genuinely angry and upset at comments that have been made and I hope that you are ok.

To help put you mind at rest, here's a few facts that you might not read in the Daily Mail.

1) Apart from Andy Burnham and Sadiq Khan, it's the RIGHT wing that have been in power for THIRTEEN years. Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss, and Sunak have been making ALL the big decisions. The last three PMs have been very much pressured by the ERG, the far right of their party. Left wing politics stopped in 2010 with the Building Schools for the Future programme.

2) The costs of dealing with the housing and welfare of those families coming over in dinghies and small boats is ALL being paid for our of our Foreign Aid budget (0.5% of GDP). The people that are losing out are the would be recipients of foreign aid in other countries. It is not coming out of our benefits bill.

3) When we outlawed slavery we didn't compensate the slaves, we compensated the slavers, to the tune of £17 billion.

4) When we created our empire we did it through Divide and Conquer, get the people to fight each other, then sit above them, rule and enjoy the spoils. THIS is now what seems to be happening in the UK, the media are creating lots of angry people, angry at the LEFT for the decisions that a RIGHT wing government have made.

e.g.1 Johnson -> Leave the EU -> Leave the Dublin Agreement -> Increase in small boats as people know that there is no legal mechanism to deport them.

e.g.2 Johnson -> 2020 Environment Act -> Clean up cities -> Low Traffic Network and ULEZ

I hope you are ok, I'm a little concerned that the Daily Mail / GB News / Talk Radio / Telegraph / Facebook Feed are manipulating you into the role of Angry Man that directs his hatred at those who have no power whatsoever, the Left and Poor People . Be well @flying banana

Happy camping.
Not too patronising then, not that it’s any of my business. It just seems to read that way.

Happy camping.
Your first name isn't Jeremy by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back