Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safety of members is the duty of any forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Ozzy Pete' will soon need to request a name change at this rate. To just Pete.

I seem to be winning the prize for most Dislikes on a thread.

To clarify, the post / content I am complaining about it is in post #53. Specifically the highlighted words below:

> The 'P' word that certain people hailing from Pakistan seem to now dislike ...

> The 'N' word that apparently causes so much offence when used by white people ...

This choice of language is offensive - and has nothing to with camper vans

I seem to be winning the prize for most Dislikes on a thread.

To clarify, the post / content I am complaining about it is in post #53. Specifically the highlighted words below:

> The 'P' word that certain people hailing from Pakistan seem to now dislike ...

> The 'N' word that apparently causes so much offence when used by white people ...

This choice of language is offensive - and has nothing to with camper vans

...and you're part of the problem, Tobias.

Taking offence on behalf of others. Virtue signalling of the very worst kind.

Kinda proved mine and others' points right there.

Every time I look at this thread it gets worse. Surely it can sink any lower..?

Wow.
Did you type that with a straight face?

'Wokery' as evidenced all too often of late, is the extremist cancel culture where the liberal far left shout down / bully / harrass / intimidate and even threaten violence, to anyone who has the temerity to express a viewpoint that differs from theirs.

If you sincerely wish to explore this insidious blight (mostly out of California) that is ruining free speech and the values and freedoms upon which the West was founded, then I suggest you look at the appalling treatment of JK Rowling, Sharron Davies, and countless Christians, Jews and Muslims, whose only crime was to voice traditional values and beliefs around the nuclear family.

I am a long-time supporter of https://citizengo.org/en-gb and should you wish to enlighten yourself of some of the ongoing issues around freedom of Religion and Speech and the awful effects this woke nonsense being taught in schools and universities is having, then you'll find it illuminating.
'Woke' and 'wokery' have just become a lazy insults for intolerant people to throw at other intolerant people. It’s been adopted by large chunks of the media as a tool for distraction from real issues and it’s proven to be very effective. It’s actually quite amusing to read and hear people that seem permanently offended by people that are offended and yet completely fail to see the irony

Last edited:
As a ”person of colour” who arrived on these shores, the P word was NEVER used as a term of affection. Very much the opposite. Fact. 70’s/80’s London was very different.

Language matters.

What has this got to do with camping and surely there are other forums for this?

Wow.
Did you type that with a straight face?

'Wokery' as evidenced all too often of late, is the extremist cancel culture where the liberal far left shout down / bully / harrass / intimidate and even threaten violence, to anyone who has the temerity to express a viewpoint that differs from theirs.

If you sincerely wish to explore this insidious blight (mostly out of California) that is ruining free speech and the values and freedoms upon which the West was founded, then I suggest you look at the appalling treatment of JK Rowling, Sharron Davies, and countless Christians, Jews and Muslims, whose only crime was to voice traditional values and beliefs around the nuclear family.

I am a long-time supporter of https://citizengo.org/en-gb and should you wish to enlighten yourself of some of the ongoing issues around freedom of Religion and Speech and the awful effects this woke nonsense being taught in schools and universities is having, then you'll find it illuminating.
Best if we declare a truce if we meet at future gatherings. I am a divorced single mum with a transgender daughter living with her lesbian cis gendered girlfriend.
Sent with love and understanding ❤️

But in Australia its 100% meaning is to offend and that’s not what it should be about.
My original post as I have said many times was to worn those travelling on that particular ferry to be very careful when making plans for the night. We were lucky, but it could have quite easily have been different with a nasty outcome.
The 3 people I mentioned my well have been 3 tall bucksome Blondes but I would have probably been accused of being sexist.

In the previous 3 pages I think I have missed what incident happened to the OP.

I would be interested to know what happened? as we are frequent travellers to Europe and would like to be prepared and possibly avoid any trouble.
Happy to receive a PM if not able to post here.

Always like to hear about peoples experiences to keep My Partner self and Van as safe as possible.
Thank you

Unfortunately i missed the post - we dont usually use camp sites and would appreciate reading about your experience - would you be happy to send me a DM copy thanks

As a ”person of colour” who arrived on these shores, the P word was NEVER used as a term of affection. Very much the opposite. Fact. 70’s/80’s London was very different.

Language matters.

What has this got to do with camping and surely there are other forums for this?
@SamSara
I’d like to apologise for my part in this conversation. On reflection I think that when you have a conversation about better choices of words around race, gender, sexuality, social media will bring out views that seek be as contrarian as possible. I’m sorry if that goaded people into causing upset to you both.

Best wishes.

@SamSara
I’d like to apologise for my part in this conversation. On reflection I think that when you have a conversation about better choices of words around race, gender, sexuality, social media will bring out views that seek be as contrarian as possible. I’m sorry if that goaded people into causing upset to you both.

Best wishes.
No apology necessary - its not on you.
I would say thank you to you & @tobyprivett calling out an inappropriate, offensive & racist post. Although disheartening to see the number of dislikes for doing so.

I think we ought to knock this on the head now. My original post was regarding safety while stopping for the night near Caen Brittany ferries berth on the 9.30 pm docking. This has been blown out of all proportion.
Stay safe… Ozzy Pete…
Blown out of proportion over nothing though mate. Thanks for the warnings.

Blown out of proportion over nothing though mate. Thanks for the warnings.
Precisely! Some people just seem to be waiting for something to take offence over, when absolutely none was intended.

Hopefully they'll have taken something from this thread and not have a fit the next time someone accurately identifies scumbags who tried to damage their vehicle and potentially rob them.

Suffice to say those who travel to French Aires, myself included, are now aware of the tactics and grateful to the OP for highlighting the issue he experienced. Let's hope the French Police soon round up said scumbags, though I won't hold my breath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back