Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Good news WG. Its a good facility to have and provides a flexible level of security. That and the beep on locking is a great facility. No beep indicates something like door or boot open. Shame Carista don't have an option to say spare wheel being stolen!!!

Did anyone else experience experience the loss of revering graphics on the screen after making any changes. I still have to do some tests tomorrow to try and find cause.!!!
No problems with reversing camera after changes.

Also confirm the app works with this device on an iPhone. Think it cost me £8.99
180055-1.jpg

Also if you're in Warks happy to let you use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also confirm the app works with this device on an iPhone. Think it cost me £8.99
6bf25385862cb4f46c41e6c52dfcafaa.jpg

Also if you're in Warks happy to let you use it.

Are you using the WiFi or Bluetooth version Matt? (pic is BT but read comments that WiFi plays nicer with Apple devices?)

I'm using a wifi one yes. I believe the BT one is for android and wifi for iPhone?

Updated the image.

Last edited:
No problems with reversing camera after changes.

Yep I did a check today and my reversing display is also working ok again not sure what was up.

Also tested for beep on locking when using the internal door lock button. No sound at all :thumb
so campsite friendly when locking yourself in at night.

Ok - probably me being stupid but I've just bought the Carista dongle and can't work out how to get the pro version of the App.

Everything works OK otherwise. My iPhone pairs with the single and I can run diagnostics and see the basic customisation options.

But I understand that I need the pro version to do all the clever stuff. I'm happy to pay for it but can't find the in-app purchase option.

What am I missing? :(

Is there a customise button? That's what I use, I don't remember where the in app purchase was.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
Ordered a Carista dongle as a result of seeing this thread. It's just arrived & this is the option report for my cali...

Doors / Windows / Remote

Auto-lock doors when moving
YES / *NO*

Auto-unlock doors when key is taken out of ignition
YES / *NO*

Auto-lock trunk when moving
YES / *NO*

Unlock trunk when doors are unlocked
*YES* / NO

Blink turn signals when locking/unlocking with remote
*YES* / NO

Beep when locking with remote
YES / *NO*

Beep when unlocking with remote
YES / *NO*

Beep when alarm is armed
YES / *NO*

Unlock doors via remote
DRIVER'S DOOR ON 1ST PRESS, ALL ON 2ND / *ALL DOORS ON 1ST PRESS*

Enable settings for opening/closing windows and sunroof
YES / *NO*

Open/close windows via long-press on remote
*YES* / NO

Open/close sunroof via long-press on remote or key
YES / *NO*

Open sunroof via long-press on remote
YES / *NO*

Close sunroof via long-press on remote
*YES* / NO

Open/close windows by holding key in door lock
*YES* / NO

Blink turn signals when done closing windows via remote
*YES* / NO

Re-lock doors automatically if you unlock, but don't open a door
*YES* / NO

Enable remote control buttons when ignition is on
YES / *NO*

Instruments / Display / Dings

Instrument cluster language
CHINESE / CZECH / DUTCH / *ENGLISH (UK)* / ENGLISH (US) / FRENCH / GERMAN / ITALIAN / NORWEGIAN / POLISH / PORTUGUESE / RUSSIAN / SPANISH / SWEDISH / TURKISH / NONE / SYMBOLS (NO TEXT)

Instrument cluster region (affects ext. lights too)
GERMANY / EUROPE/OTHER / USA / CANADA / *GREAT BRITAIN* / JAPAN / SAUDI ARABIA / AUSTRALIA

Temperature display units
*CELSIUS* / FARENHEIT

Distance display units
KM / *MILES*

Speed display units
KM/H / *MPH*

Pressure display units
*BAR* / PSI / KPA

Volume display units
LITERS / *GALLONS (UK)* / GALLONS (US)

Time display format
*24H* / 12H AM/PM

Date display format
*DD/MM/YY* / MM/DD/YY / YY/MM/DD

Consumption display units
*MPG (UK)* / MPG (US) / L/100KM / KM/L

Multi-Function Display
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Seat belt warning
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
1 FLASH / 2 FLASHES / *3 FLASHES* / 4 FLASHES / 5 FLASHES

Lights

Daytime running lights
ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
YES / *NO*

Coming-home lights (req. auto headlights or manual flick of high beams)
ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Leaving-home lights (req. auto headlights)
ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Coming/leaving-home lights use…
LOW BEAMS / *FOG LIGHTS*

Coming-home lights duration
10 SECONDS / *15 SECONDS* / 20 SECONDS / 25 SECONDS / 30 SECONDS / 35 SECONDS / 40 SECONDS / 45 SECONDS / 50 SECONDS / 55 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS

Leaving-home lights duration
10 SECONDS / *15 SECONDS* / 20 SECONDS / 25 SECONDS / 30 SECONDS / 35 SECONDS / 40 SECONDS / 45 SECONDS / 50 SECONDS / 55 SECONDS / 60 SECONDS

Turn off front fog lights when high beams are on
YES / *NO*

Cornering lights (using fog lights)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Turn on cornering lights when turn signal is on
*YES* / NO

Turn on interior lights when key is taken out of ignition
*YES* / NO

Flash brake lights in emergency stopping
YES / *NO*

Flash hazard lights in emergency stopping
*YES* / NO

Brake lights work even when ignition is off
*YES* / NO

"Euro" parking lights when ignition off, turn signal on
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Other

Activate side mirror heaters when rear window defroster is on
YES / *NO*

Automatic wipers (using rain sensor)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Speed-dependent windshield wiper speed
*YES* / NO

Additional 'tear' wipe after windshield washer use
YES / *NO*

Auto-enable rear wiper when front wipers on and reverse gear engaged
*YES* / NO

Horn works even when ignition is off
YES / *NO*
Has anyone tried this on a T6 using an iPhone with the pro app? I am only getting the Instruments / Display / Dings menu. I don't get all the others listed above. I've paid for the pro version and can make changes in the options I can see - but they are not really the ones I am interested in.

Is there a customise button? That's what I use, I don't remember where the in app purchase was.

Thanks Matt. I've worked it out now - you have to actually try to change something tinged prompted to buy the pro version.

But I am now only getting a very limited sub-set of options. Still head scratching!

Gas anyone experience with Carista and a new T6 Ocean?

It seems that there are only a few options to change. Or is it due to the non Pro version?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Hi Uwe,
Did you ever get all the options working with a T6? I also have a T6 and only seem to get the Istruments / Display / Dings submenu. I don't get the other three menus that those with a T5 seem to get:

Doors / Windows / Remote
Lights
Other

I have bought the pro version but it makes no difference to the customisations that are presented. I have emailed Carista support but if you are getting the same then perhaps VW has done somthing to severly limit access by 3rd party apps. If that's the case I'll be sending the adapter back as its not much use with the limited customisation options. :(

Hi Uwe,
Did you ever get all the options working with a T6? I also have a T6 and only seem to get the Istruments / Display / Dings submenu. I don't get the other three menus that those with a T5 seem to get:

Doors / Windows / Remote
Lights
Other

I have bought the pro version but it makes no difference to the customisations that are presented. I have emailed Carista support but if you are getting the same then perhaps VW has done somthing to severly limit access by 3rd party apps. If that's the case I'll be sending the adapter back as its not much use with the limited customisation options. :(
But you can still read any fault codes and reset them without having to pay £80 to your Dealer for a Diagnostic reset.

It may be because it's new, they hopefully will add more functions with time?

• Agree
It would be interesting to see if VCDS is compatible with a T6.
The Rosstech site says all VW group from 1995-2014+
If I remember I'll bring it to the meet at the weekend if anyone wants to try it.

It would be interesting to see if VCDS is compatible with a T6.
The Rosstech site says all VW group from 1995-2014+
If I remember I'll bring it to the meet at the weekend if anyone wants to try it.
I'll be there at the weekend Briwy. I'd also be interested to prove that the capability with my unit is different in a T5 and T6 (and that I haven't just got a faulty one).

I have foolishly read this thread and have one on order. Couple of weeks ago airbag warning activated on my Touran. Was booked in for a flat fee cam belt anyway and VW kindly reset it as they found no fault. Normal fee is £102 to diagnose and reset. As I'm keeping the Touran in the family and getting the T6 I thought i thought it could turn out to be a wise investment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have foolishly read this thread and have one on order. Couple of weeks ago airbag warning activated on my Touran. Was booked in for a flat fee cam belt anyway and VW kindly reset it as they found no fault. Normal fee is £102 to diagnose and reset. As I'm keeping the Touran in the family and getting the T6 I thought i thought it could turn out to be a wise investment.

Same here Mike. I exitedly rushed out to the van for a play when i got in from work today - only to discover that about the most exciting thing I can do is change the temperature reading from centigrade to fahrenheit :mad:. Well I could have change the language to Latvian I guess :D.

I'm not quite sure how I missed this thread. To busy with options I suspect. Fingers crossed for that upgrade from Carista so that we can have a play. In the meantime I shall have a play with the Touran before I give it to my middle lad.

Hi Uwe,

Doors / Windows / Remote
Lights
Other

Update: I emailed Carista and they invited me for beta using.

Now there are a lot more options and most are working.

Got a new beta release yesterday so I have to check again.

The good news is that Carista is working on 2015/2016 cars - it is not only my T6, also 2015 Passat was not working correct with the official release.

Regards

Uwe

The good news is that Carista is working on 2015/2016 cars - it is not only my T6, also 2015 Passat was not working correct with the official release.

Regards

Uwe
Fantastic - thanks Uwe. I'll see whether Carista also invite me to the Beta programme. But hopefully general release will not be far away now anyway.

Regards

Uwe
Excellent stuff.

Regards

Uwe
Carista has now invited me to participate in the beta test. I'll have a play this evening.

Uwe - did you experience any unexpected behaviour when testing it? Since it is beta and unsupported I do have a slight concern that some of their codes may be incorrect and some customisations may be incorrect. Not a problem if something just doesn't work but could be if it changes something else and then its not possible to set it back again.

I just got access to the iOS beta version this morning. It still only gives me the options for the instruments. But I did successfully change the region to Australia, that lets you turn off the km/h digital readout.

I would be interested if anyone has more options listed for their T6.

Back