Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Agree. Everything is working as it should and strange that both vehicles have Climatronic AirCon.
I wonder if anyone else who has Climatronic has the same Codes?

No. Ours has Climatronic and doesn't have those fault codes.
Only one that comes up is on the ABS, "incorrect coding". I've reset it so waiting to see if it reappears.

No. Ours has Climatronic and doesn't have those fault codes.
Only one that comes up is on the ABS, "incorrect coding". I've reset it so waiting to see if it reappears.
I'll try resetting mine then.:thumb

Well the Instrument Sweep on Startup works.
"Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display" doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing extra on MFD.
Could have been a good option when camping.

Well the Instrument Sweep on Startup works.
"Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display" doesn't seem to do anything. Nothing extra on MFD.
Could have been a good option when camping.

I'll check that on my own (configure DRLs via dash...) and report back....

Well the following changes definitely work.

Gauge needle sweep at startup
*YES* / NO / NOT AVAILABLE

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
1 FLASH / 2 FLASHES / 3 FLASHES / 4 FLASHES / *5 FLASHES*

Coming-home lights (req. auto headlights or manual flick of high beams)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

However these changes do not have any effect.

Auto-lock doors when moving
*YES* / NO

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
*YES* / NO

*ENABLED* / DISABLED

*YES* / NO

*YES* / NO
Can you make the horn beep once when you lock the vehicle? I know it was on the list earlier in the thread and I love that on my Audi (I had it turned on with a VCDS cable). I ALWAYS know I've locked the car, whether I'm looking at it or not, from the little 'blip' as I'm walking away.

Can you make the horn beep once when you lock the vehicle? I know it was on the list earlier in the thread and I love that on my Audi (I had it turned on with a VCDS cable). I ALWAYS know I've locked the car, whether I'm looking at it or not, from the little 'blip' as I'm walking away.
It is one of the options, but I haven't enabled it.
If I have time over the weekend I'll see if it works.

It works. Single Beep on locking with Remote.

*ENABLED* / DISABLED

*YES* / NO

*YES* / NO
WelshGas strange as the auto lock on moving works on mine... I'm yet to rest the DLRs via dash option... Weird how they're different.

Interesting. I'll try again tomorrow.

WelshGas strange as the auto lock on moving works on mine... I'm yet to rest the DLRs via dash option... Weird how they're different.

Hi once I worked out a Carista wasn't a coffee machine for the California. I bought one to try as its easier than getting the codes for VCDS.

Initially my auto lock doors didn't work. but then also set auto unlock when removing keys and all seems to be OK now maybe they both have to be set. Also set sweep of dash and beep on lock all seem to work. However, I think I've lost my display on the 510 screen when reversing though reversing beepers are still sounding. Anyone else experienced this??? I'll maybe have to try undoing a few changes and see if the display returns.

This whole thread intrigues me. I don't have my Cali yet as it's only just been ordered but I'm a bit surprised that many of the options mentioned in this thread aren't just available to be set through the standard vehicle menus. It hadn't occurred to me that you would require additional soft and hardware to access these features.

This whole thread intrigues me. I don't have my Cali yet as it's only just been ordered but I'm a bit surprised that many of the options mentioned in this thread aren't just available to be set through the standard vehicle menus. It hadn't occurred to me that you would require additional soft and hardware to access these features.

Its probably so that you go to a VW Stealer and they can charge you !!!

Common on most modern vehicles. 1 ECU used for the majority of manufacturers vehicles with software changes for the specific engines etc.

Ive tried it with an elm327 wifi device I had in the cupboard and it worked a charm.

Doors and boot now lock when moving and unlock when you take the keys out of the ignition.

Also put needle sweep on, may disable that one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also the dealer told me door locking when moving was no longer possible.

Also the dealer told me door locking when moving was no longer possible.

I'll try that tomorrow, because Door Locking on its own doesn't work.

I'll report tomorrow if the changes are effective too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interestingly I have an error message on my beach, Auxillary Heater No Flame, probably because I don't have an auxillary heater? ;)

If you switch on - Door locking when moving & Door unlocking on key removal - then everything works.

All doors lock on reaching 5 km/hr.
Individual door unlocked by pulling handle x 2 from inside
All doors unlocked using Lock/Unlock switch on drivers door panel
All doors unlocked on removing key from ignition.

Result. Thanks "minimanian".

If you switch on - Door locking when moving & Door unlocking on key removal - then everything works.

All doors lock on reaching 5 km/hr.
Individual door unlocked by pulling handle x 2 from inside
All doors unlocked using Lock/Unlock switch on drivers door panel
All doors unlocked on removing key from ignition.

Result. Thanks "minimanian".

Good news WG. Its a good facility to have and provides a flexible level of security. That and the beep on locking is a great facility. No beep indicates something like door or boot open. Shame Carista don't have an option to say spare wheel being stolen!!!

Did anyone else experience experience the loss of revering graphics on the screen after making any changes. I still have to do some tests tomorrow to try and find cause.!!!

Good news WG. Its a good facility to have and provides a flexible level of security. That and the beep on locking is a great facility. No beep indicates something like door or boot open. Shame Carista don't have an option to say spare wheel being stolen!!!

Did anyone else experience experience the loss of reversing graphics on the screen after making any changes. I still have to do some tests tomorrow to try and find cause.!!!

...at night on a campsite?

Mmmmm good point. Must check if it beeps with internal locking. However, changing settings takes about a minute with Carista so reversing settings is easy and could be changed on site.

Back