Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Do you know guys, I wouldn't want to change any setting on my California, so on that basis, I'm out.

Does it invalidate the warranty then? :shocked:shocked:shocked

Well, someone had to ask.
I'm sure those transporter engineers will be thrilled messing around thrying to reset it! Probably make holes in the floor and cover it in oil for the priviledge too.

Of course, they won't be able to work put what's wrong with it :headbang :headbang :headbang

Does it invalidate the warranty then? :shocked:shocked:shocked

Well, someone had to ask.
I'm sure those transporter engineers will be thrilled messing around thrying to reset it! Probably make holes in the floor and cover it in oil for the priviledge too.

Of course, they won't be able to work put what's wrong with it :headbang :headbang :headbang

I very much doubt it... You can ask your dealer to change these settings and they will, and on most cars these days all these settings are changed via the dash... it's no different than Mr AA connecting...

I would have changed some by now. It arrived today, but when plugged in, although it lit up red, no wifi or Bluetooth signal. So I've just packed up to send back for a replacement.

If it turns off the PITA automatic wipers Id buy one immediately.
According to the dealer this is a health and safety issue and cant be done.

Each to their own I love them... I love them but yes you can urn them off: -

Automatic wipers (using rain sensor)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Above is my setting...

You can also enable/disable the following: -

Speed-dependent windshield wiper speed
*YES* / NO

Additional 'tear' wipe after windshield washer use
YES / *NO*

Auto-enable rear wiper when front wipers on and reverse gear engaged
*YES* / NO

Hope this helps...

Matt

I would have changed some by now. It arrived today, but when plugged in, although it lit up red, no wifi or Bluetooth signal. So I've just packed up to send back for a replacement.

Did you turn on the ignition WelshGas, I also parked close enough to the house to have phone on wifi... I believe you need to link via the network... But then I could be wrong (Mrs M says I'm wrong lots of the time - but she's wrong...)

Matt

Did you turn on the ignition WelshGas, I also parked close enough to the house to have phone on wifi... I believe you need to link via the network... But then I could be wrong (Mrs M says I'm wrong lots of the time - but she's wrong...)

Matt
Yes, ignition on, multiple times. No WiFi signal detected, on 2 iPads and a laptop. No Bluetooth signal, checked with 2Android phones. Not the end of the world. In the post tomorrow and have ordered a new one.

Yes, ignition on, multiple times. No WiFi signal detected, on 2 iPads and a laptop. No Bluetooth signal, checked with 2Android phones. Not the end of the world. In the post tomorrow and have ordered a new one.

I negative mark for Carista... having to send stuff back is a pain...

Each to their own I love them... I love them but yes you can urn them off: -

Automatic wipers (using rain sensor)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Above is my setting...

You can also enable/disable the following: -

Speed-dependent windshield wiper speed
*YES* / NO

YES / *NO*

Auto-enable rear wiper when front wipers on and reverse gear engaged
*YES* / NO

Hope this helps...

Matt

Yes thanks Matthew
Ill get one on order then

Does ** mean the current setting? Assuming so, it's interesting that you both have different DRL settings, unless you have changed yours surfer-rich?
i think mine is registering incorrect as my daytime lights are on.

Very Interesting. Thank you for posting.

Now, the $64 question. Have you altered anything and did it work?:thumb
I had to buy the 'in app purchase' at £14.99 to make changes but, yes, it does work :) i have only turned off the seatbelt warning for now... just to test

i think mine is registering incorrect as my daytime lights are on.
Thinking about this... I have Xenon lights, so is this different to DRL - yes they are DRLs but I was told that because I had Xenons I could not ALSO have the separate DRLs... Anyone know?

Thinking about this... I have Xenon lights, so is this different to DRL - yes they are DRLs but I was told that because I had Xenons I could not ALSO have the separate DRLs... Anyone know?
What do you mean by DRL. Do you have any LEDs coming on with the ignition?.
I do not have Zenon and my DRLs are the Main beams that have a dual filament bulb 55/21w I believe. I think the 2015 had LED DRLs in the bumper.

Last edited:
What do you mean by DRL. Do you have any LESs coming on with the ignition?.
I do not have Xenia and my DRLs are the Main beams that have a dual filament bulb 55/21w I believe. I think the 2015 had LED DRLs in the bumper.
Okay so here goes:-

I have Xeon - which have a set of LEDs around the edge of the lens... They come on with ignition as DRLs, and I can configure them to be on/off via Carista as DRLs. There is also an option to have a single strips of LEDs that fit in the bumper... And now it seems you have them on a non Xeon headlight - but I assume that is the same as mine or essential a side light?

I was told I could not have both the Xeon and the bumper DRLs in combination... I'd really like to have both! Anyone know if i can?

Okay so here goes:-

I have Xeon - which have a set of LEDs around the edge of the lens... They come on with ignition as DRLs, and I can configure them to be on/off via Carista as DRLs. There is also an option to have a single strips of LEDs that fit in the bumper... And now it seems you have them on a non Xeon headlight - but I assume that is the same as mine or essential a side light?

I was told I could not have both the Xeon and the bumper DRLs in combination... I'd really like to have both! Anyone know if i can?
I dare say you can, but would have to be 3rd party and have a controller to dim with indicators and switch off with headlights or parking lights, or whatever the regulations are for DRLs. Also it would seem that some aftermarket units can interfere with radio reception.

Gas anyone experience with Carista and a new T6 Ocean?

It seems that there are only a few options to change. Or is it due to the non Pro version?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Has not Gas

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

WelshGas exactly... An option I don't fancy...

New Clarista connector arrived today. Connected to iPad Air via Bluetooth.

Fault Code check revealed a code on the Air Con Climatronic module
Heater & air conditioning
Part #: 7E5907040AC
Component: ClimatronicT5
Coding: 0004000103 (hex)
Fault codes:
9473650 Manufacturer-specific code
9474930 Manufacturer-specific code

Not sure of its significance as everything working fine.

However, checked Customisations and made following changes.

Auto-lock doors when moving
*YES* / NO

Auto-lock trunk when moving
*YES* / NO

Allow configuring daytime running lights via dash display
*YES* / NO Doesn't appear anything has changed.

Coming-home lights (req. auto headlights or manual flick of high beams)
*ENABLED* / DISABLED

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
1 FLASH / 2 FLASHES / 3 FLASHES / 4 FLASHES / *5 FLASHES*

*YES* / NO
Everything working fine except for the DRL via Dash Display

New Clarista connector arrived today. Connected to iPad Air via Bluetooth.

Fault Code check revealed a code on the Air Con Climatronic module
Heater & air conditioning
Part #: 7E5907040AC
Component: ClimatronicT5
Coding: 0004000103 (hex)
Fault codes:
9473650 Manufacturer-specific code
9474930 Manufacturer-specific code

From the 2013 thread the fault codes seem to refer to the extra a/c fan unit in the offside rear.
Flap could be part 3 on this diagram?
https://www.partsbase.org/vw/campmo...-air-conditioning-for-passenger-compartement/

Will try the Instrument Sweep tomorrow.:thumb

Back