Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED Daytime Running Lights

When fitting the LED strips, the DRL's are then disconnected. Much cheaper to do it like this rather than replacing headlights. Do agree it would look smarter that way though.

cheers

I had a chance to see some of these on a T5 at the recent show on the IOW. This van was a demo van owned by Vanworx of Portland. Looking at the style I can see it replaces an entire panel on the bumper so would need painting and either there are two variants ot allow for parking sensors or they would also need drilling for parking sensors.

I think the chrome strip is another modification and not part of the DRL's.

DRL_1.jpg

DRL_2.jpg

DRL_3.jpg

I have a new Cali with the old style dlrs pre 2012! They seem very yellow! Is there anyway they can be upgraded to a whiter light.

2012 cali day running lights are standard yellow look bulb... But I'm sure if you really wanted to you could get white style bulbs from a 3rd party

Unless they changed them in the last 2 months ?

Thanks for that, I will see if I can get hold of some :thumb

I'm considering LED's in place of the OEM lamps.

You need to be sure to get them with built in resistance to avoid bulb failure warnings.

Stu said:
I'm considering LED's in place of the OEM lamps.

You need to be sure to get them with built in resistance to avoid bulb failure warnings.

Don't do it fella .. Led's are from the dark side ... Lol
Lol

We have fitted a set last week and they actually look pretty good. This was on a white panel van that has been turned into a Sportline and it did look very good.

cheers

Back