Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FAO Guys with new Cali's on order/recently received

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Paid my deposit on 23rd January and still not got a build date. When I placed the order it was estimated week 18 and suggested it may come quicker as VW had been concentrating on getting them out before the new model.

So what I would like to know from my fellow members is:-
1. When did you place an order and what build date have you been given.
2. how long after your deposit was placed did you get your build date.
3. People that have received theirs recently, how long did it actually take?

Last update from dealer was it still hasn't been given a build date and they estimated week 19.
What has freaked me out the most was the member that came on this week ( http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/excited.9160/#post-84148 )saying they had ordered their california and picking it up in 6 months! if this is the case then I will cancel my order as basically I'll lose this years decent weather and might as well by a pre reg or nearly new now.

They may have specified that date for new reg number.

Order mine last week of October. The build was finished last week and it should be in the UK first week of March - fingers crossed

My dealer has been brilliant to date. The regular updates have been helpful and accurate

1963 15 window splitscreen
2015 California SE 180 DSG Blackberry metallic

Paid my deposit on 23rd January and still not got a build date. When I placed the order it was estimated week 18 and suggested it may come quicker as VW had been concentrating on getting them out before the new model.

So what I would like to know from my fellow members is:-
1. When did you place an order and what build date have you been given.
2. how long after your deposit was placed did you get your build date.
3. People that have received theirs recently, how long did it actually take?

Last update from dealer was it still hasn't been given a build date and they estimated week 19.
What has freaked me out the most was the member that came on this week ( http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/excited.9160/#post-84148 )saying they had ordered their california and picking it up in 6 months! if this is the case then I will cancel my order as basically I'll lose this years decent weather and might as well by a pre reg or nearly new now.

I feel your pain as it was mine this time last year. If it helps, I have written in my diary, ordered 14th Jan and then, 6wks later, I have a sad face drawn on 28th Feb, alongside ' still no build date' - sad I know. In the post you mention, the person says her wait is because her husband doesn't retire till then.
The wait is torture but well worth it, honest.

Ordered Oct 18th
10th Nov, told build week7(w/c February 8)
25 Nov, told build week 4(w/c jan18)
dec11, told build week2(w/c jan 4)
...praying at this point that it wouldn't come too soon for the planned15 plate
21st Jan told it had arrived in UK
Feb 4th, arrived at dealership.
Picking it up(with a 15 plate) on March 4th.

Ordered 1st week in November...

Estimated (not confirmed) build week 10 (1st week in March)

I'm sure I read somewhere that the builds are done en masse for a region,when a quota is reached.
Not sure this is true; but could account for some orders getting speeded up whilst others delayed, even though similar order date?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the builds are done en masse for a region,when a quota is reached.
Not sure this is true; but could account for some orders getting speeded up whilst others delayed, even though similar order date?

This would make sense. I known dealer held all his orders in October and put them all through on one day. When I saw him in saturday he said he has 6 arriving at once

We must have been really lucky, we ordered in October, got an email from dealers saying building wc 8th December, collected from dealers on 13th January.

I'm too impatient to wait, I always buy one that's already in the showroom.

This would make sense. I known dealer held all his orders in October and put them all through on one day. When I saw him in saturday he said he has 6 arriving at once

They probably have to batch build RH drive models. I expect some alterations are required on the production line to do so.

Ordered mine late September was told 4 weeks later that it had build week 49 delivered 2nd week in January and picked up a week later, during this time l believe they had a shortage of DSG gearboxes.

Ordered October. Told build week 3. Now build week 6 but no updates as of yet so hopefully March sometime.

Ordered end of October, initially told build week 11, this changed to week 7 and then week 4. It was built week 4 and has arrived in this country, en route to the dealership as we speak and will be ready for me first week in March.
:bananadance

I ordered 22.9.14, my dealer contacted me on 24.9.14 to let me know the order had been processed with a week 3 predicted build. I received another email on 24.11.14 to say that she had been built. On 25.11.14 another email arrived saying that she was due to be loaded on the train for delivery to the docks. Next contact was 5.12.14 to say that she had arrived safely at the dealership in the UK. I went to visit on Saturday 13th, still torn between taking her straight away or waiting until March as originally planned. Needless to say, I went back on December 20th to collect her :Grin

So they do sometimes come significantly earlier than expected!

Maud

I ordered my California Beach on Nov 17. They told us it would be ready for pick up from local dealer by mid Feb. It is there ready for pick upright now! My family is excited!!!! Can't wait to start the adventures!

ordered just before Christmas, dealer said provisional build week 12, contacted the dealer a couple of days ago, still no confirmed build date.

Ours were ordered middle of October and were delivered to SMG a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered Beach end of Oct should be in at SMG early next week ready for March delivery.

Perhaps it's dependent on port of arrival.
Can't see VW dropping a few up north then calling into another port down south! Lol

My old type2 came into Ramsgate but that was 45 years ago

I ordered 22.9.14, my dealer contacted me on 24.9.14 to let me know the order had been processed with a week 3 predicted build. I received another email on 24.11.14 to say that she had been built. On 25.11.14 another email arrived saying that she was due to be loaded on the train for delivery to the docks. Next contact was 5.12.14 to say that she had arrived safely at the dealership in the UK. I went to visit on Saturday 13th, still torn between taking her straight away or waiting until March as originally planned. Needless to say, I went back on December 20th to collect her :Grin

Similar timeline to ours Maude - We ordered ours 1.10.13 and were told Week 4 build. Didn't expect it till January/Feb 2014 but got an email early Dec to say van was on it's way and did we want it before Christmas - no brainer - Andy collected her on 18th December - lovely Christmas present to us.

Similar timeline to ours Maude - We ordered ours 1.10.13 and were told Week 4 build. Didn't expect it till January/Feb 2014 but got an email early Dec to say van was on it's way and did we want it before Christmas - no brainer - Andy collected her on 18th December - lovely Christmas present to us.

I ordered mine 180 dsg Blackberry in October , I was told build in week 4 , it is in the dealership by week 4 ready for the first week in March - 18 weeks is the kinda going rate I believe depending on spec - you will be fine i'm sure - have a little patience .

Easy to become paranoid though. We ordered late November and it was suggested it might be built around week 10 (first week of March) but, now, mid-Feb, still no build date! Our dealer tells us that they sometimes don't book a build date until the week before?

Back