Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FAO Guys with new Cali's on order/recently received

Ours were all ordered this year, and they are being built between build week 9 and 16. We have six coming for the season. Get your orders in before June or it'll be a year wait........

Ordered our 180 DSG 4 Motion at the end of Oct 14. Just got an email today to say he (family have already called him Sidney) arrives in the UK on Monday and we're picking him up officially on 7 March. Benefit of the delay is that it gave us time plan/order all the accessories (seat covers, carpets, spare safe etc) and really take on board all the fantastic advice on this forum.

Still feeling as though we've forgotten something........guess we'll soon find out!

Hi GileSelby, I also ordered at the end of October a 180 DSG 4 Motion. Dealer hasn't contacted me yet. Will drop him an email now and hope he also has good news for me. :Nailbiting

Ordered ours 22nd Dec. dealer said 18 week delivery, last update was three weeks ago and they simply stated we would have confirmed deliver date around 4 weeks before arrival but tracking for April. Nice one!

Dealer is breeze Poole.
Spec Candy white180DSG
Travel pack
Reverse camera with front rear sensors
Awning black
Bi Xenon headlights
Cascavel Black alloys
Removable towbar

Ordered our 180 DSG 4 Motion at the end of Oct 14. Just got an email today to say he (family have already called him Sidney) arrives in the UK on Monday and we're picking him up officially on 7 March. Benefit of the delay is that it gave us time plan/order all the accessories (seat covers, carpets, spare safe etc) and really take on board all the fantastic advice on this forum.

Still feeling as though we've forgotten something........guess we'll soon find out!
Can you remember at what point you were told the build week?

Ordered my 180DSG complete with a brochure full of extras at end of September and it has arrived. However, I have decided to wait for March for the handover. These next weeks will seem like an age but no time for work once it comes home.

Dealer gave me the build week 4 towards the end of November so all on target.

Can you remember at what point you were told the build week?
We were told on average it would take16 weeks for delivery when we placed the order but this would be confirmed in due course as it could be slightly longer. We then emailed the dealer in mid Jan and were told the build week week was the first week in Feb.

Hope you get confirmation soon.

We were told on average it would take16 weeks for delivery when we placed the order but this would be confirmed in due course as it could be slightly longer. We then emailed the dealer in mid Jan and were told the build week week was the first week in Feb.

Hope you get confirmation soon.
Many thanks,
We ordered about one month after you, so yes, hopefully it will be confirmed any day now.

Ours has been at Grimsby docks for 9 days now, please hurry to Preston so we can come and drool over you. Not long now. :Nailbiting

Ordered SE 180 DSG 4motion end of October and was told today that scheduled (but not fixed) build date has moved to mid March. :(

Paid my deposit on 23rd January and still not got a build date. When I placed the order it was estimated week 18 and suggested it may come quicker as VW had been concentrating on getting them out before the new model.

So what I would like to know from my fellow members is:-
1. When did you place an order and what build date have you been given.
2. how long after your deposit was placed did you get your build date.
3. People that have received theirs recently, how long did it actually take?

Last update from dealer was it still hasn't been given a build date and they estimated week 19.
What has freaked me out the most was the member that came on this week ( http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/excited.9160/#post-84148 )saying they had ordered their california and picking it up in 6 months! if this is the case then I will cancel my order as basically I'll lose this years decent weather and might as well by a pre reg or nearly new now.
Hi,my first ever post!! We ordered from vw dealers Exeter early Dec14,estimate of delivery around Apr15.E-mail recieved mid Feb saying build week 7 and another one this week saying its on its way to the ship!

Hi,my first ever post!! We ordered from vw dealers Exeter early Dec14,estimate of delivery around Apr15.E-mail recieved mid Feb saying build week 7 and another one this week saying its on its way to the ship!
Exciting times ahead:thumb

All funny to read ....it's seems a bit like adoptin a child

I saw my Cali at the showroom and drove it home the week after..:bananadance
The waiting will be rewarded.....:thumb

All funny to read ....it's seems a bit like adoptin a child

I saw my Cali at the showroom and drove it home the week after..:bananadance
The waiting will be rewarded.....:thumb

Haha, maybe we should have a poll, " Lost sleep waiting for new Cali vs. Lost sleep waiting for new baby"
LOL :oops::mute:embarrased:eek:

hi

ordered mine (with DSG) 1/9/14 could have taken delivery this month (was quoted 16 weeks lead time)
As with most people - might as well wait for new 15 plate - although I was sorely tempted to take delivery asap!

GQUOTE="Paul Haynes, post: 85494, member: 9402"]ordered mine (with DSG) 1/9/14 could have taken delivery this month (was quoted 16 weeks lead time)
As with most people - might as well wait for new 15 plate - although I was sorely tempted to take delivery asap![/QUOTE]

Goodness, Paul, you must have greater resilience than me! I ordered in September too, for a 15 plate March collection; ended up collecting in December because she was ready and I couldn't wait :Grin

Ordered 11/11/14 estimated delivery 3rd March 2015.
The build date is not fixed yet so could still move but the planned build date is now for week commencing 23rd February. I would expect to see the vehicle mid to late March if this remains unchanged.

I would be happy with Mid March as we are still overseas. I have a feeling though that the vehicle could end up being delivered sometime in April.

Ordered 180 DSG on 13/11/14. Original estimated delivery 1/3/15. Now confirmed build week of 9/3/15. Hoping to collect Easter - fingers crossed.

I ordered a 140 DSG in Deep black with a few extras on 23 Sept 14 and was given a build date of early december then a few weeks later I had an email saying it was Knocked back so had a build date in January. It was delivered to the dealer about 10 days ago but I am waiting till Monday 2nd march to collect to get 2015 registration on it. No big deal for me waiting though because I have a Cali Berghaus SE that I am trading in for it.

I ordered my Beach on 11th November and was given a build week commencing 19th January. I collected it from the dealer earlier this week as I'm busy next week. I'm not bothered about the reg, just wanted to get my hands on it.

Well its now the 2nd March and still no build date :( ..Still predicted as week 13 on the VW system.
Bursting with excitement still.. simply cannot wait

Isn't it strange how the waiting times are so different for everybody! I feel for you, rippers - I would be going stir crazy in your position. I thought that I may, at this point, wish that I had waited (as originally planned) for a 15 plate, but now I have Ariadne, the number on the plate has lost all significance - I am just glad I have her and I am used to driving her everywhere and anywhere, ready for our first camping trip at the end of this month :happy

I'm trying to remain positive. My experience with VW hasn't been the best in the past and really hoping this isn't going to be another dealer charade. Making matters worst the guy that I ordered the van with has now left.
Like I say, trying to remain positive.. no doubt there will be a kick in the nuts from someone involved :rolleyes:

Back