Xtra-space behind table in sliding door

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Don't know if this is in the correct subcategorie but , what fits in the space behind the table in the sliding door!?
Could be a lots of things , but what's it disigned for?
Won't even try and ask my dealer , he did'nt even knew where the straps in the drawer used for ...holding roof down when hydrolic failure.
Anyway ... Back to that hole in the door....
Suggestions?

Tablecloths?

Onesies for sitting outside in the cold?

Or is it where the legs go?

I've got no idea :?

It is where the legs go, but there is a small amount of space for something thin. I'm sure someone else said they store table cloths for the table there

There is a small area in the middle with an elasticated cord stretching end to end across the door, this is not for the table legs and I have never known what it is for other than just being another small clever storage area!

I have a 2009 Cali, is this still the same on the facelift models?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a 2012 Cali , so at first impressions "the hole" has no original function?
Tablelegs are out of the question , they are undetachable mounted on the table , cant see anyone taking them of and putting them in that space..... :headbang

Who knows more?

Isn't the elasticated cord to help pop the table out when you press the release button?

Hannick said:
Isn't the elasticated cord to help pop the table out when you press the release button?

Absolutely right...

VW instruct you not to store anything in there and I've known a few people get the table stuck which is a problem you don't want.

We do however keep a small umbrella, small role of gaffa tape, 10m of cord (the kind of useful stuff you never use ;) )and the remote for stereo.

Rgds
M

So that is what they are for! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back