Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Attaching sliding door table in kitchen

C

Cali-ABZ

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
In our old van we used to attach the sliding door table to the kitchen unit, using the 2 flip out clips on the underside of the table. This just gave us a larger table, which was handy at times. We now have a T6.1 and the table hasn't come with the extra clips, just the 4 table legs. Is this now standard for the T6.1? We've used the larger table set up inside, but having all 4 legs extended means the cupboards are more obstructed if you forget to take something out.

In our old van we used to attach the sliding door table to the kitchen unit, using the 2 flip out clips on the underside of the table. This just gave us a larger table, which was handy at times. We now have a T6.1 and the table hasn't come with the extra clips, just the 4 table legs. Is this now standard for the T6.1? We've used the larger table set up inside, but having all 4 legs extended means the cupboards are more obstructed if you forget to take something out.
Standard I believe, no clips supplied with ours. However, having both tables in the living area would be a bit of a squeeze! How/why do you set this up?

The T5.1 onwards SE & Ocean tables have shorter legs than the earlier versions so it wouldn't sit level even if you did have the clips.

Standard I believe, no clips supplied with ours. However, having both tables in the living area would be a bit of a squeeze! How/why do you set this up?
You don't use both, just the door table, hadn't you wondered why one end of the table was straight?

You will also find its the perfect size to seat 4 & fits perfectly in the space between the kitchen & the sliding door. Almost as if it had been designed specifically to be used there!

I believe the Beach still comes with a long legged table & has the clips still?

As cali-ABZ has suggested being able to clip the table to the kitchen meant you only needed to have the two legs at the other end of the table unfolded so kept the floor & access to the cupboards clear.

I missed it so much on ours that Ive bought an old table with the clips for use in the van & use the new table outside.

You don't use both, just the door table, hadn't you wondered why one end of the table was straight?

You will also find its the perfect size to seat 4 & fits perfectly in the space between the kitchen & the sliding door. Almost as if it had been designed specifically to be used there!

I believe the Beach still comes with a long legged table & has the clips still?

As cali-ABZ has suggested being able to clip the table to the kitchen meant you only needed to have the two legs at the other end of the table unfolded so kept the floor & access to the cupboards clear.

I missed it so much on ours that Ive bought an old table with the clips for use in the van & use the new table outside.
I live and learn @andyinluton :) Thanks.

I had wondered about the shape of the sliding door table but never thought of it being used inside the van.

Back