Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which bulbs?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone advise me on which are the best headlight bulbs to fit in place of originals. Would like to hear your views before I buy some to upgrade the lights.

Check out the recent thread on DRLs.

There is a difference between the SE and Beach for headlights. I fitted the Osram night breaker a which are an improvement but not brilliant tbh. I think modern vehicles all have their lights pointing at the ground in a weird attempt to make us all drive more slowly!

Am I the only person who finds the stock lights and bulbs perfectly fine.

We live on a country road and haven't crashed into a tree or anything....

T

Hi teeboy, one of the reasons for changing ours was also to better match the led DRLs we had had fitted.

Were the DRLs just a fashion statement, or do they have any practical use - given that the normal headlights have DRL features as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with a fashion statement

In hindsight, fashion......

On my new Cali. I find the headlights very good. BUT, having said that I did come from a Land Rover Defender, whose headlights are aided by the box girder front bumper. :smile :smile :smile

Agreed! Having just passed my test in the 60s I felt invincible in the Landie I had.

+1 on the :smile :smile

Just the other week I replaced my bulbs with Philips Extreme and have to say they are a big improvement over standard. The beam is longer and whiter as the blurb states and I gave them a good test on the M74 then on unlit country roads in Scotland.
They were about £20 off Ebay as I remember.

teeboy said:
Were the DRLs just a fashion statement, or do they have any practical use - given that the normal headlights have DRL features as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with a fashion statement

I had DRL's retro fitted, definitely a fashion statement :D

Back