Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to plug into mains if not at home or at campsite

Hello,

We have moved, and our new parking spot does not have any ability to plug in (please make fun of us for not realizing this until after we signed the paperwork and gave a deposit....we just assumed we could find a solution, and now we know we cannot!).

We therefore are looking for advice of where we could possibly hook up other than the obvious answer of a campsite.

Co-workers could be an option, but we work from home as freelancers and don't have any. "No dice" as they say.

We even took the van to the VW dealer and asked them to plug in while they did other work. They instead did a "speedy" charge, which a) cost 15 Euros and b) doesn't charge to 100%.

Anyone else have have ideas?
Sorry in advance, - to confirm and pardon my ignorance. where you live you have allocated parking but that space is too far away from the property for a cable to reach ?

Hello,

We have moved, and our new parking spot does not have any ability to plug in (please make fun of us for not realizing this until after we signed the paperwork and gave a deposit....we just assumed we could find a solution, and now we know we cannot!).

We therefore are looking for advice of where we could possibly hook up other than the obvious answer of a campsite.

Co-workers could be an option, but we work from home as freelancers and don't have any. "No dice" as they say.

We even took the van to the VW dealer and asked them to plug in while they did other work. They instead did a "speedy" charge, which a) cost 15 Euros and b) doesn't charge to 100%.

Anyone else have have ideas?

I work from van often and also have a high roof club joker at 2.85 meters high. So for me if I need to plug in I use any EV charger I can find that is AC (not DC) which are abundant in Switzerland. I use a Type2 Mennekes to CEE 16A adaptor. Works like a charm! I use it several times a week in winter when the solar is pathetic due to sun angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry in advance, - to confirm and pardon my ignorance. where you live you have allocated parking but that space is too far away from the property for a cable to reach ?
The post was from 2016. Looks like he hasn’t been active for about 4 years.

Back