Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What to do with 1-Din console on dashboard?

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,

The ex demo Cali I've bought has the extra console on the dashboard instead of the standard tray:

14. Comfort and convenience
-[5FD] Instead of standard tray; console on dashboard with 1-DIN slot and positions for additional switches

Thing is I've no idea what to do with it? What on earth would you put in there - the Cali already has a music system and SatNav so I can't think what else you would put in a 1-Din slot? It says there are spaces for switches as well but again I'm clueless as to what I could put in there?

If I can't think of anything then I'm hoping I can take this off and replace it with the standard tray - does anyone know if this is possible or what the part number and cost of the tray would be?

Thanks,

Det

Could look into refitting an original ash tray, if possible.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Loz - never thought about having a UHF Radio! Could recreate Smokey and the Bandit scenes
iPad could be interesting too, I wonder if anyone does a slide out mount.
Any other ideas anyone?

There is a DIN connector in the glove box of our Cali. It came with two adaptors for iDevices, the old large ones and the later lightning connectors. I usually have an old 150gB iPod Classic* plugged in ours; it can be controlled from the head unit. You could use an iPhone but that be be operated via Bluetooth so not much point.

* Easier to program playlists etc than the inbuilt hard disk.

There is a DIN connector in the glove box of our Cali. It came with two adaptors for iDevices, the old large ones and the later lightning connectors. I usually have an old 150gB iPod Classic* plugged in ours; it can be controlled from the head unit. You could use an iPhone but that be be operated via Bluetooth so not much point.

* Easier to program playlists etc than the inbuilt hard disk.
OP is referring to 1DIN dashboard slot not a connector :)

Hi All,

The ex demo Cali I've bought has the extra console on the dashboard instead of the standard tray:

14. Comfort and convenience
-[5FD] Instead of standard tray; console on dashboard with 1-DIN slot and positions for additional switches

Thing is I've no idea what to do with it? What on earth would you put in there - the Cali already has a music system and SatNav so I can't think what else you would put in a 1-Din slot? It says there are spaces for switches as well but again I'm clueless as to what I could put in there?

If I can't think of anything then I'm hoping I can take this off and replace it with the standard tray - does anyone know if this is possible or what the part number and cost of the tray would be?

Thanks,

Det
Maybe this can help?

http://teile.club/volkswagen/teile....yp=871&dir_name=R&hg_ug=857&bildtafel2=857010

Back