Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dashboard creaking

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Okay this is getting on my wick now - intermittent creaking/rattling of the dashboard which stops (pretty much) when I put pressure down on it (not easy when driving).

I've noticed a foam insert on the LH on the dash (where is meets the windscreen) - is there meant to be one on the RH side too (there isn't one!)?! Can't think what it is - nothing is stuck down the comedy "slot" that I know of, all tickets have been vacuumed out.

KernowLad said:
Okay this is getting on my wick now - intermittent creaking/rattling of the dashboard which stops (pretty much) when I put pressure down on it (not easy when driving).

I've noticed a foam insert on the LH on the dash (where is meets the windscreen) - is there meant to be one on the RH side too (there isn't one!)?! Can't think what it is - nothing is stuck down the comedy "slot" that I know of, all tickets have been vacuumed out.

The comedy slot?

I'd see a doctor about that :) :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

That foam puzzled me but I did notice it is directly above when the vin number is displayed through the windscreen so I assume it is something to do with that but I'd love to know why it is there.

Those foams are on small removable grilles over the speakers.

Back