Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

4 new wheel bolts to replace the locking ones that round off just by looking at them!

4 new wheel bolts to replace the locking ones that round off just by looking at them!
Yeah, I don't know what they're made from but they're a load of rubbish!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

What is it please?

Got fed up waiting for the Altera Genio Pro to come back into stock so ordered a Thule VeloSpace XT 3-Bike Towbar Mounted Bike Rack from Halfords taking advantage of their 20% off offer.

Also ordered a pair of walking poles. Leki Carbonlite Trekking Poles with Photo Adapter

F73A8E0C-14EE-4090-932C-B68A5AFC323D.jpeg

A fitting kit for my preloved Isotop IV:

81F4B17A-4BEC-4303-B5DC-0556BB24011A.jpeg

An Isolite for the sliding door:

31A49C43-6961-485C-BC84-0859E39CFF77.jpeg

and a free Brandrup Catalogue arrived with them...this could be dangerous!

Fitted my Thule VeloSpace XT 3 bike rack. Had to move the wire straps to the second position to fold it down enough for the tailgate to open. Pleased with it but now need to build up my arm muscles to operate the locking arm - it requires a lot of force even when adjusted to the minimum setting. Wall brackets in the garage to store it is the next job.

F3C9E5CE-3F39-4868-A049-AEDFD1CAD923.jpeg

Latest Isotop,
Had new bellow fitted under warranty the later style with the larger opening, which I am very please with but now have to replace the Isotop to take advantage for the opening.

Fitted my Thule VeloSpace XT 3 bike rack. Had to move the wire straps to the second position to fold it down enough for the tailgate to open. Pleased with it but now need to build up my arm muscles to operate the locking arm - it requires a lot of force even when adjusted to the minimum setting. Wall brackets in the garage to store it is the next job.

View attachment 73915
Fit a tow ball to your garage wall. Can always store your bikes on it then.

Got fed up waiting for the Altera Genio Pro to come back into stock so ordered a Thule VeloSpace XT 3-Bike Towbar Mounted Bike Rack from Halfords taking advantage of their 20% off offer.

Also ordered a pair of walking poles. Leki Carbonlite Trekking Poles with Photo Adapter

View attachment 73871
Did you need to buy a bike from Halfords to get the 20% offer?

Kampa Cross Air awning from the club shop.

The fixing kit - whats the best method when driving away and coming home again? Just pull the strip out?

Kampa Cross Air awning from the club shop.

The fixing kit - whats the best method when driving away and coming home again? Just pull the strip out?
Yes, just extend the roll out awning a little and pull the strip out. Make sure you take some reference points before driving away, so that you park back in the right position to reconnect when you return.

View attachment 73871
Just had this through waiting for the Genio pro (my van doesn’t arrive until May). The additional functionality sounds interesting:

“Atera have contacted us to advise that due to a number of the components on the GENIO Pro bike carrier being replaced (as Atera’s original suppliers for the parts have gone out of business due to COVID-19), along with a number of features on the carrier being updated to improve functionality for the user, the GENIO Pro bike carrier will now need to go through a new homologation process followed by an extensive period of product testing before manufacture of this bike carrier can begin again. Unfortunately, Atera now estimate that it is likely to be at least the end of May before the product testing process is completed, so we do not expect to receive new stock of this bike carrier until June of this year at the earliest.”

Just had this through waiting for the Genio pro (my van doesn’t arrive until May). The additional functionality sounds interesting:

“Atera have contacted us to advise that due to a number of the components on the GENIO Pro bike carrier being replaced (as Atera’s original suppliers for the parts have gone out of business due to COVID-19), along with a number of features on the carrier being updated to improve functionality for the user, the GENIO Pro bike carrier will now need to go through a new homologation process followed by an extensive period of product testing before manufacture of this bike carrier can begin again. Unfortunately, Atera now estimate that it is likely to be at least the end of May before the product testing process is completed, so we do not expect to receive new stock of this bike carrier until June of this year at the earliest.”
I think the Atera Genio Pro does have some advantages if you are prepared to wait for it i.e. It’s weight and folded size.
The Thule Velospace XT 3 is great but it is big and heavy. I’d have gone for the XT 2 but I don’t believe it folds down enough to enable the tailgate to open?

Back