Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

I started with inks waterproof covers in our old van, they were ok for muddy dogs but not so good for rear seat passengers, they were sliding all over the place. In summer I found the front seats sweaty.
We ended up with brandrup second skins, they felt and looked exactly like the original covers. Just with huge advantage of being able to take them off and wash them. After 6 years use our second skins still looked like new after a wash & have just sold them for 50% of the cost of new ones.

At 11am today we have a CampervanBits delivery due of a complete set in the new design and palladium grey. Expensive but I am sure that part of the high trade in value of the old van was due to having unmarked upholstery.
Thanks, good feedback Andy and I may end up going the same way in time but at the moment i’m happy with the Inca waterproofs. They don’t look great but offer good protection. We’ll rarely have rear seat passengers so that’s not so much of a concern.

I love it, definitely makes it warmer and more cosy up top in winter and helps keep the heat down in summer. When your are on your own all you have to do is fit the front panel from the inside so much easier than fitting an outside wrap. Also when it's raining you don't get wet fitting it and if it has rained you don't have something wet to store inside the van when you want to move off.
Anyone compared the quality of Brandrup Iso-top and the Spanish equivalent which is more than 50% cheaper? https://www.thaissl.com/tienda/accesorios-camper/aislante-termico-de-techo-elevable/

I found a reply to my question here https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/internal-insulation-for-the-pop-top-t6-beach.39008/#post-491190. Don't see how I can delete my previous post...

One of these, Thule XT3:
1613244055992.jpeg
Ordered a towbar with the new Cali and looking forward to the increased flexibility this will give us over the boot mounted rack we had before.
They are 20% off at Halford at the moment when bought with a bike, in case anyone else is in the market. So we also got line of these as well:
1613244334898.jpeg
£22 for the bike, £112 off the bill. The bike will be donated to the local play group. All the above qualifies for a further 10% discount for blue light/defence so I’m feeling quite smug today. Just need to source the 4th bike attachment which was out of stock. Hope it works as well as I think it will when the new Cali arrives.

Relatively inexpensive compared to some covers i.e. second skins. I know they don’t have the best look but they are practical for us when it’s wet/muddy. Will probably remove them in Summer.
They are practical for us too....because of small children!!!! We need something that can be taken off easily and are MACHINE WASHABLE. The last thing we need is super expensive cover that takes 4 hours to put on, 4 hours to take off, is not waterproof and is as uncleanable as the original material it's protecting.....and that's in the Summer!

How have you found the mosquito net? Would you recommend it? Thinking of buying the same.
On my birthday pressie list for next week............

How have you found the mosquito net? Would you recommend it? Thinking of buying the same.
Yes we recommend it, we’ve found it invaluable, expensive, but wouldn’t be without it.

Is it Beagle proof? Would have said dog but from experience know that Beagles are in an escape league of their own.

They are practical for us too....because of small children!!!! We need something that can be taken off easily and are MACHINE WASHABLE. The last thing we need is super expensive cover that takes 4 hours to put on, 4 hours to take off, is not waterproof and is as uncleanable as the original material it's protecting.....and that's in the Summer!
Same here. Two kids and a usually mucky young golden retriever in the back. Inka waterproofs seemed the best compromise. Not the prettiest but do the job and saves me being anxious all the time.

Is it Beagle proof? Would have said dog but from experience know that Beagles are in an escape league of their own.
Ha ha, you obviously know dogs. Yes Beagle proof, but too be fair our two are really well behaved and are six now so are quieter than when they were younger. That said, we’ve always had Beagles and never had a problem with any of them.

Wish I could say the same, loved mine unfortunately long gone now but in her early days she was a challenge. At one stage I'm wasn't sure if she thought "NO" was her name or a command she heard it so often.

Wish I could say the same, loved mine unfortunately long gone now but in her early days she was a challenge. At one stage I'm wasn't sure if she thought "NO" was her name or a command she heard it so often.
Absolutely they can be mischievous and challenging, but they are the most lovable delightful loyal dogs you could wish for. As much as we love all dogs it’s Beagles every time for us.

Yes we recommend it, we’ve found it invaluable, expensive, but wouldn’t be without it.
Great thanks, now we just need to source one as the delivery from the club shop to Gibraltar is £101, bit steep for a net that essentially weighs nothing...

Great thanks, now we just need to source one as the delivery from the club shop to Gibraltar is £101, bit steep for a net that essentially weighs nothing...
Have you spoken to someone in the shop?
It’s a very small package.

Back