Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What fun!

J

jayvw

Vehicle
Looking to buy
After much deliberation we finally took the plunge and bought a fabulous ex demo California SE 180 DSG.back in September 2015. Despite winter approaching and the new model coming soon we decided to buy then and get on enjoying it, rather than wait for a similar spec (and price) T6 to become available as a 'used' vehicle. Also because until time passes we won't know how popular the first issues of the new model will be at resale. Probably absolutely fine but the T5 is fabulous enough! Feel very lucky and look forward to sharing it with the family too as the insurance is very reasonable for this.

We bought it at the Liverpool Van centre where we spent some 3 hours at the very comprehensive handover with ample cups of coffee whilst exploring all the van has to offer. It came with a very good spec and I must say the bi xenon headlights are something we may not have thought of ordering ourselves but they are fantastic and I would highly recommend them. We have spent many nights away in it already and found it to be extremely comfortable and cosy. Some great storage tips from this forum helped us get organised. Love the Outwell light crates and the ebag packing cubes.

The fun aspects started with reading posts on here - informative and often entertaining! The van - great for pottering around in as well as for camping. The size- being able to park in the centre of York – no trouble! The colour - love the blackberry metallic - approaching the van in the Lake District after a walk, so many cars were parked around their colours jarring with the landscape and the blackberry blends in great.

Thanks again for all the tips!

How nice to read a post full of smiles :)

My face aches from smiling sometimes, I haven't yet found a cure so I can't suggest anything for you when your's ache, but then who would want to stop smiling anyway? :shocked

Glad the forum was there to help .
Start enjoying....;)

Even those of us who have had pretty poor service from our dealers can't help smiling every time we see our vehicle. Mine is on the drive and when I open the bedroom blinds it's the first thing I see down below. All of a sudden I'm waking the dogs in the mornings rather than the other way around.
The forum is used a lot to look for answers to issues, so is probably giving a negative bias to our experiences for an outsider looking in.
Great to hear you're enjoying yours too. Keep the positivity flowing and post lots of pics and stories.

Back