Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We have a van..

DaNish

DaNish

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Our van, Modesty, arrived 2 weeks ago, but due to a lot of other travels, I first got around to introduce it now. We have had one night out and everything went fine.
A big thanks to all who helped in my specification of the van, it has been a great help.
The HD rollbars is an addition that I would not have ordered without this forum, and they are really great. Compared to the rental we had without it, its a huge improvement.
Due to my driving pattern I have a TSI, and it runs really nicely and torque and acceleration are great (I do not tow). Mileage is hard to tell from 700 km, but for what it's worth it is 27 mpg. Which is a bit better than expected, so I am ok with that.
I got the Calibed topper for downstairs, but I will need to spend a longer period in the car, before I have a verdict.
I have read a lot on all the nice stuff I could get for the Cali, but ended up buying nothing:( We come from a background of motorcycle touring and mountain backpacking and we have done well with the gear on these tours, so the same stuff has moved into the van. Then we will see if we need something else and get it at that point. And guess what, we have lots of space available:). So a huge upgrade in terms of comfort and storage space.
Now we look forward to our first real trip to Ireland in June/July. See you on the road.:thanks

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

Love to hear how the TSI preforms , it's a 204bhp as in your avatar ?
Lots of us will be in Denmark in September at the meet , will you be there?

Love to hear how the TSI preforms , it's a 204bhp as in your avatar ?
Lots of us will be in Denmark in September at the meet , will you be there?
Sadly, I am not able to come to the Denmark meet, would have been really nice, it is a great place.
The TSI is 204 bhp. This gives a torque equivalent to 150 bhp TDI, but with the power of the 204 TDI. Based on my needs (and preferences), which is no heavy towing and I like to be able to move at least as fast as a good family car when changing lanes, I find it a good engine.
Starting from stand-still the 204 TDI very easily spin the front wheels if I am not very careful. The TSI is softer and you have to push it a bit to get spinning wheels. I am still running in the engine, but following normal traffic never needs more than 2-3.000 rpm. Even accelerating to 110 km/h (68mph) is done with ease within even shorter runways (or whatever the english term is for the stretch of road getting you in on the motorway) to the motorway. And even though Denmark is flat, I have a quite steep hill up to my cottage and it is very smooth there too.
I look forward to reach 1.500 km and try out the whole range up to 6.000 rpm, even though I won't use it often.

Välkommen! Might see you in Denmark then. We like to go to Möns klint in june among many things.
Great idea to not overdo it equipment wise before you get the Cali.

:welcome

Even accelerating to 110 km/h (68mph) is done with ease within even shorter runways (or whatever the english term is for the stretch of road getting you in on the motorway) to the motorway.

Slip-road :thumb

welcome to the forum you chose a nice looking van

Lovely van - let us know if you do decide to get any extras what they are