calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi newbie here with a question
by Kitty A » Thu May 10, 2012 3:01 pm

We picked up our new Cali from Southern Motors about a month ago, we are completely thrilled, it is fabulous. We have been away for two weekends getting to know it, and everyone has been so helpful and kind. We are soaking up information and advice!

As a new owner I really appreciated the random list.
Unfortunately I can add another:
Be sure to check your trouser pockets before putting them in the washing machine. My key has been through a 40 degree wash cycle. It is now in bits in a jar of rice but I'm not optimistic.

Also our flex reading light broke after just 4 days. It sort of dropped off in the night, broken at the fixing joint. We were really not aware of having damaged it. We could have it repaired but are thinking of doing without it, we have kindles with lights for reading.

A newbie question - I'm looking at a Raskelf 1 inch topper for the top bed. Can it be left in situ with the roof down? Has anyone tried it? It would obviously save a lot of space if it could, we will be using our van for exhibition work as well as holidays, so have to carry a lot of stuff (bulky, not heavy) and any space saving would be welcome.

Thank you all for all the info in these page, its been so useful.

Kitty x

Hi kitty and welcome along
If I was you I would get the flexible light fixed under warranty it will be done then
As for the duvelay I'm not sure you can leave it on with the roof closed. There are a few members that have them so I'm sure someone will know the answer to that. Good tip about not washing the key :thumb

:hello

:shocked no the Raskelf can not be left in situ with the roof down sorry.

G & H

Purely from a comfort perspective

Hi we have the 2" ones and they do take up a fair bit of space - but still brilliant

From experience with a 1" memory foam topper I would say you would get away with it if you sleep upstairs but the downstairs bed is just too hard so you would need at least the 40mm one

Hello Kitty. Welcome aboard. I hope that the answers already given have been useful.
Luke