We had to let her go...

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Sadly our lovely and beloved 12,5y old Vizsla , Mieke , is no longer with us , many on the forum probaly seen her in one of my threads showing-off her best in some wonderfull place where we took her . She's been in 11 countries traveling in the Cali , on 3200m high mountains , climed Mount Snowdon , on beautifull beaches , ...been there done it all....
She's been with us since her 8 weeks and been a big part of our daily life , not to say all of my life the last 12,5y ....
We are hartbroken and don't know what impact this wil have on ourselfs as we have no kids and as said our daily life was devoted to her , she was always with me and i myself only was about 6 weeks without her in 12,5y for periods of 10-14 days as Kathy took her to France a few times when i stayed home.
Our house feels empty and i fear the first trip in the Cali whitout her...every single trip we did in the Cali so far she was there with us.
I know that you all will say words to comfort us , thankx in advance but sadly for now nothing can heal my broken heart...
Her last visit to France in november...
IMG_9372.JPG

If there is a dog-heaven we do hope they did let her in , becose she was no angel when she was on earth....

Oh Wim I am so sorry ....

She will be in Doggie heaven after crossing the rainbow bridge ....

Nothing can take away the pain of losing such a loved companion and in the five years or so that we have shared space on this forum the love you shared with Mieke on your adventures has shone from many of your posts.

No words can ease the pain of such a loss, just bask in the memories. My love to you and Kathie. Jen

Last edited:
Aaah. Sad time. Our dog loves the cali. And he's always in there where ever we go. He hates getting in the car but when the cali sliding door opens he's straight in. I'm sure he relates it to good times camping and walking. Alas one day we will go through the same day. You must get another.

So sorry to hear that Wim, we lost our Collie Ben in 2014 just before his 13th birthday and it took me a long while to get over him, I still think of him now so I know how you must be feeling. Love to you both.

Such sad news I dread the day this comes as they are part of the family. Think of all the good times and the fantastic life you gave her
RIP Mieke

Sorry to hear your sad news Wim. You have some wonderful memories of your trips together which will always be there when you need a smile. Best wishes my friend.

So sorry to hear that Wim, no words are adequate but time will make it more bearable.

So sorry to hear this wim I know how much you loved her nothing can replace them my thoughts are with you at this sad time

So sorry to hear of your loss - nothing beats the unconditional love of a four legged friend - my deepest condolences.

So sorry to hear your sad news Wim. Having seen Mieke on a few occasions I know what a beautiful dog she was and how close you were to her. Best wishes, Leighton

So sorry to hear that HC. They are only in our lives for such a short time, even though they give us so much while they're with us, and we never forget them.

Our sympathy and thoughts , we’ve been there so feel your pain.

So sorry to hear the news, we have read all your adventures with Mieke you could feel the love you had for her and as we all know they are not with us long but their unconditional love continues a lifetime, our thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

Yep, a very sad short story.
Condolences from us too.
Maybe you have the name there for your next new T6.

So sorry to hear you have lost your companion. You had so much fun together.

So sorry for your loss.
Like you, we don't have children, so we can really understand your grief.
Thinking of you.

Keep it going Mr & Mrs HC. All of our thoughts are with you.

So sorry to read this Wm. you must be devastated. What a great life she had x

Sincere condolences Wm, I hope you both find some strength in the days, weeks, months ahead with the memories of the “good life” you were able to give beautiful Mieke.

Thinking of you and Kathie at this difficult time.

No words can fix how you feel right now. She gave you so many wonderful years and beautiful memories. She will walk with you always ❤️

Sadly our lovely and beloved 12,5y old Vizsla , Mieke , is no longer with us , many on the forum probaly seen her in one of my threads showing-off her best in some wonderfull place where we took her . She's been in 11 countries traveling in the Cali , on 3200m high mountains , climed Mount Snowdon , on beautifull beaches , ...been there done it all....
She's been with us since her 8 weeks and been a big part of our daily life , not to say all of my life the last 12,5y ....
We are hartbroken and don't know what impact this wil have on ourselfs as we have no kids and as said our daily life was devoted to her , she was always with me and i myself only was about 6 weeks without her in 12,5y for periods of 10-14 days as Kathy took her to France a few times when i stayed home.
Our house feels empty and i fear the first trip in the Cali whitout her...every single trip we did in the Cali so far she was there with us.
I know that you all will say words to comfort us , thankx in advance but sadly for now nothing can heal my broken heart...
Her last visit to France in november...
View attachment 40945

If there is a dog-heaven we do hope they did let her in , becose she was no angel when she was on earth....

Sorry to hear your news HC, condolences from us.
I am dreading the day when we go through it again.

To Wim and Kathy,

I am so sorry for your loss and know that no words can mend this hurt only time. Lovely Mieke had a wonderful life with you both, and you did what was right by her. She saw (or for dogs is that smelled?) many wonderful places around the world, she travelled more than some humans get to. They love us unconditionally, as we do them, how blessed we are to share in their short time on this earth as part of our families.

With time the hurt will fade but the happy memories will always remain, we will always miss them. I still miss my old friend Chester who has been gone 10 years now but talking of him always ends with laughter and light now. Rudy and Honey have his beloved biscuit barrel to this day.

Look after each other, you know where we are if you need anything.

Matt.

Back