Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We are Soooooooo excited!

Wrinkly Ninja

Wrinkly Ninja

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
For anyone who might be interested, following on from my last reply to Shaun G in "My VW California"...
Here is the spec of our ordered Cali arriving in March...we are Sooooooo excited :pinkbanana

Ocean 204 PS
4Motion
DSG
Candy White...lower half to be repainted on arrival in T2 type light Volkswagen Green
Cascavel Alloys silver (possibly to get coordinating paint treatment later)
Alloy matching spare wheel
Awning + Housing in black - to be repainted on arrival in Candy White to blend in with body colour
Green heat insulating glass plus passenger privacy glass
Leather MF Steering Wheel with lots of buttons and now with shift paddles :Nailbiting
Composition Media Radio + 6.3 screen
App connect (for Google Maps Nav)
2 USB interfaces
Heavy Duty Anti Roll Bars
30 mm Lowering Springs
Cruise Control
Front & Rear Park Sensors with Camera
80 litre fuel tank

Did I mention that we are excited? :)

For anyone who might be interested, following on from my last reply to Shaun G in "My VW California"...
Here is the spec of our ordered Cali arriving in March...we are Sooooooo excited :pinkbanana

Ocean 204 PS
4Motion
DSG
Candy White...lower half to be repainted on arrival in T2 type light Volkswagen Green
Awning + Housing in black - to be repainted on arrival in Candy White to blend in with body colour
Leather MF Steering Wheel with lots of buttons and now with shift paddles :Nailbiting
2 USB interfaces
30 mm Lowering Springs
Cruise Control
80 litre fuel tank

That's a lot of kit ! It will be very similar to mine, interested to see the paint work you are planning on having done.
We have the Candy and the awing in black, it blends in very nice.

..messge ends...

Ocean 204 PS
4Motion
DSG
2 USB interfaces
30 mm Lowering Springs
Cruise Control
80 litre fuel tank

Great spec, I think you should try and get a set of the retro wheels they have released on the special edition Caravelle.

Hi Curious about lowering as I was told that it is not available or recommended by VW on the 4Motion. Is yours an aftermarket fitment?

Hi Curious about lowering as I was told that it is not available or recommended by VW on the 4Motion. Is yours an aftermarket fitment?
Why would you want to lower your van - its got 4 wheel drive. I would expect you to keep the ride height for off road driving.........if not why have four wheel drive??

Why would you want to lower your van - its got 4 wheel drive. I would expect you to keep the ride height for off road driving.........if not why have four wheel drive??

The only off road use we will be doing is the grassy areas of camp sites I reckon, so ground clearance will not be an issue. The lowering is to improve the handling for the 90% + of the time when we are on the roads. I like the firmer ride it will provide. The 4 wheel drive is for improved safety, traction and stability in adverse weather conditions. As an ex VAG HQ employee for many years I am a firm believer of the system.

Yes dealer fit...30mm lower springs are fine with 4 motion. There are a number of threads about this on the Forum.:)

BJG ..That's quite an old T6 Ocean you show on your listing details...1917?...oops ;)

The only off road use we will be doing is the grassy areas of camp sites I reckon, so ground clearance will not be an issue. The lowering is to improve the handling for the 90% + of the time when we are on the roads. I like the firmer ride it will provide. The 4 wheel drive is for improved safety, traction and stability in adverse weather conditions. As an ex VAG HQ employee for many years I am a firm believer of the system.
Hmmmm, I was curious. OK, but I will keep my money I think and stick to two wheel drive. Its a van not a high performance sports car at the end of the day......Each to their own is what I say. (p.s. I have a BMW Z4 as a daily driver. I had it for 5 years and not once have I felt the need for 4WD)

There are some pretty cool steel wheels available. I wonder if you could have them sprayed in a way that would make them look retro enough.

There are some pretty cool steel wheels available. I wonder if you could have them sprayed in a way that would make them look retro enough.

A possibility but as I got the Cascavel alloys F.O.C. I'll see how they look and explore having the Silver painted part powder coated white leaving the diamond turned spokes as they are.

Did you see the mock up photos I attached to a reply to Days Out on your thread?

A possibility but as I got the Cascavel alloys F.O.C. I'll see how they look and explore having the Silver painted part powder coated white leaving the diamond turned spokes as they are.

Hi WN, I too am waiting for a white Cali, and intend to re colour the bottom half. I've decided it do a vinyl wrap in case I change my mind, had you considered vinyl wrapping? There is a photo on the Danbury vans website showing a van with a vw type green, looks great. Have a look.

As for the wheels, the dealership has offered to partly powder coat my Devonport alloy wheels. This may be something they could do for you.

Excited for you your van sounds perfect.

Yes dealer fit...30mm lower springs are fine with 4 motion. There are a number of threads about this on the Forum.:)

BJG ..That's quite an old T6 Ocean you show on your listing details...1917?...oops ;)
And you thought you were the wrinkly one? (I think Pontious The Pilot does the SAT NAV bit)

Did you see the mock up photos I attached to a reply to Days Out on your thread?

Yeah I've just had another look at the photos you did. They look good. I think my favourite are the ones with the colour coded bumpers (i.e green bumpers). It'll look great.