Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new two colour Ocean is ready and here!

Wrinkly Ninja

Wrinkly Ninja

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
20170315_123138.jpg After many months of thinking, questioning, planning, budgeting, and waiting our lovely two tone California Ocean is now on our drive.
A brief Specification summary is..
204 PS, 4 Motion, 7 speed DSG.
Cascavel alloys with alloy spare. Green heat insulating privacy glass. Full M/F sports steering wheel.
F&R park sensors with camera. Composition media with App Connect. Cruise control. Awning in Black. Heavy duty anti roll bars. 80 litre fuel tank.
Because we loved the look and "atmosphere" of the original T1 and T2 we wanted our new T6 to be a fun holiday camper van.
We saw the Caravelle special in red and white at a dealership and really liked the idea in principle.
So we ordered ours in Candy White and soon after it arrived in the UK we took it to Brin Jones VW approved bodyshop in Filton near Bristol to have our plans fulfilled.
They were very knowledgeable and professional so we were confident but a bit nervous too.
After much thought and research we decided on the lower half being painted in original VW Turquoise Green which is a colour that was used on the T1 &T2.
Ten days later the result was better than we had ever hoped for...I have hopefully managed to attach some photographs that give you a good idea of it.
The colour is a gorgeous soft green that blends beautifully with the green tinted glass.
We had the awning cover painted in Candy White to match the upper body so that it is a bit more subtle and blends in with the roof.
We also had the black background on the VW roundel on the rear door painted in Turquoise Green to match.
We then had the chrome strips applied on the lower front grille. the rear door lip, and along the lower side swage lines which give it a nice lift.
We have had VW lowering springs fitted which, together with the HD Anti roll bars makes the visual stance better and the overall handling superb.
We are really over the moon with the final result and on our first away trip to Dorset this weekend received lots of comments on how lovely the colour looked...so :):):)
We know that she (Florence...Magic Roundabout) will not be to everyone's taste but she's unique and beautiful...and she's ours :)

IMG_3758.JPG IMG_3745 - Version 2.JPG IMG_3751 - Version 2.JPG IMG_3744.JPG

20170315_123448.jpg

Wowza! That looks great. That should put a smile on your face for a good few weeks!:):thumb

Interesting to see the green behind the VW logo on your tailgate.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
looking pretty cool. No wonder you are pleased with how it looks. Have lots of fun.

Just beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florence is absolutely beautiful you have created a thing of beauty I am not surprised people are making comments you've done a fantastic job. :thumb

Can you share a ballpark figure of how much the paint job was?

Stunning!

Just bookmarked Brin Jones as I live in Bristol and good to have someone local if required. I shall be on the lookout for you.

Mike

Brave move on a new vehicle but it's definitely paid off

I think white Cali's may be in increased demand. This one has some nice colour detail on the roof. 2tone1.jpg 2tone.jpg

That white/green combination screams summer holidays. I love it.

I love it. I know the convention for vintage VW buses is white on top, but most two-tone cars have the darker colour over the white and wonder if this way around would look better on a T5/6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 19944 After many months of thinking, questioning, planning, budgeting, and waiting our lovely two tone California Ocean is now on our drive.
A brief Specification summary is..
204 PS, 4 Motion, 7 speed DSG.
Cascavel alloys with alloy spare. Green heat insulating privacy glass. Full M/F sports steering wheel.
F&R park sensors with camera. Composition media with App Connect. Cruise control. Awning in Black. Heavy duty anti roll bars. 80 litre fuel tank.
Because we loved the look and "atmosphere" of the original T1 and T2 we wanted our new T6 to be a fun holiday camper van.
We saw the Caravelle special in red and white at a dealership and really liked the idea in principle.
So we ordered ours in Candy White and soon after it arrived in the UK we took it to Brin Jones VW approved bodyshop in Filton near Bristol to have our plans fulfilled.
They were very knowledgeable and professional so we were confident but a bit nervous too.
After much thought and research we decided on the lower half being painted in original VW Turquoise Green which is a colour that was used on the T1 &T2.
Ten days later the result was better than we had ever hoped for...I have hopefully managed to attach some photographs that give you a good idea of it.
The colour is a gorgeous soft green that blends beautifully with the green tinted glass.
We had the awning cover painted in Candy White to match the upper body so that it is a bit more subtle and blends in with the roof.
We also had the black background on the VW roundel on the rear door painted in Turquoise Green to match.
We then had the chrome strips applied on the lower front grille. the rear door lip, and along the lower side swage lines which give it a nice lift.
We have had VW lowering springs fitted which, together with the HD Anti roll bars makes the visual stance better and the overall handling superb.
We are really over the moon with the final result and on our first away trip to Dorset this weekend received lots of comments on how lovely the colour looked...so :):):)
We know that she (Florence...Magic Roundabout) will not be to everyone's taste but she's unique and beautiful...and she's ours :)

View attachment 19937 View attachment 19938 View attachment 19941 View attachment 19942

View attachment 19943

A truly beautiful and unique van that I'm sure you will cherish for a long long time.

I love it. I know the convention for vintage VW buses is white on top, but most two-tone cars have the darker colour over the white and wonder if this way around would look better on a T5/6?

I guess you could Photoshop one and see how it looks?

Fabulous - love the colours!

Florence is absolutely beautiful you have created a thing of beauty I am not surprised people are making comments you've done a fantastic job. :thumb

It's amazing to get such a positive response from everyone...and very rewarding. We've also got hold of an original Florence soft doll who will go everywhere with us...how soft are we?

Stunning!

Just bookmarked Brin Jones as I live in Bristol and good to have someone local if required. I shall be on the lookout for you.

Mike

Cheers Mike. If you contact Brin Jones then speak with Mark Jones the MD...a great guy and a very professional organisation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
At least leaving the original colour at the top means it'll be easier to sort under warranty when the roof starts to corrode..........

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk