Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Hi

I keep cleaning my water tank with purifiers etc & then flushing it through but I'm still getting a weird tasting cup of tea ! It's just not on lol . Cant enjoy a cupa....

Can anyone help :help

Whether its a Cali, Boat or whatever......think it's best to only use the water tank for washing up etc.....get a small water carrier of 5lt water bottle from the shop......and use that.....it's the only viable solution.

Bubble said:
Hi

I keep cleaning my water tank with purifiers etc & then flushing it through but I'm still getting a weird tasting cup of tea ! It's just not on lol . Cant enjoy a cupa....

Can anyone help :help

Use too much of anything & it will take a while to get rid of the taste. Keep flushing the tank out till tastes OK.

I use a little miltons in a half tank of water & drive around for a couple of days then drain & rinse about three times.

BerndRos said:
Whether its a Cali, Boat or whatever......think it's best to only use the water tank for washing up etc.....get a small water carrier of 5lt water bottle from the shop......and use that.....it's the only viable solution.

Yes I agree in european countries if you want to be absolutely sure you do not get ill & spoil your travels. But in UK I don't bother, just fill tank up & use it. I clean tank out at least once a year.

PS Drain tank with cap off, don't pump it all through waste tank as you risk burning pump out if it runs dry. Also is quicker.

Thanks for the advice!
How long does a tank of fresh water last? Does it have a shelf life.
I used the van 1 week ago & filled the tank up, going away next bank holiday which means the water will be two weeks old. Is this normal ?

Cheers

I prefer to fill immediately before we go away rather than let it stagnate for a couple of weeks.
We use ours for tea drinking purposes and have never noticed any funny tastes. Also have only ever flushed it through not used any cleaning products and still seems fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers

It could be the remnants of the products I'm tasting :shocked

I Use Milton baby bottle tablets from boots, and have no problem. Also I have not had a problem with drinking water from european campsites. All campsites in europe have to have water tested regularly and results posted in campsite usually near the reception.

Back