Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Opening water tank cover

PaulBishop

PaulBishop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm having problems in unscrewing the circular cover to the water tank so that I can clean it. I doubt it's been opened since the Cali was new. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this. It's in an awkward position and all attempts so far have failed.

Hope you can help.

regards

Paul

Yes you need a small piece of wood and a rubber mallet place the wood into one of the grooves
On the cap and gently tap with the mallet :thumb

Thanks for the tips Calikev & hotel california T5 , I'll try it soon.

regards

Paul

hotel california T5 said:
If the hammer dosn't losen the lid there is a special made tool by Brandrup

http://www.vwcampershop.nl/watervoorzie ... hevel.html

I have seen it at the shop , but think it can be selfmade if you are/ can use a weldingmachine

Hello
My tap water pump has died. Voltage checked, present, so surely the pump itself to be blamed.
Attempted to open the lid. Pure nightmare... Using maximum force, no help, punching it with a hammer through a thick wooden stick, no help.

Then I looked at the above link (many thanks Hotel California T5), and decided to make a similar thing:

Using the above, it is piece of cake to open the lid.

Then the pump was stacked apparently by some dirt in the water. Had to move the propeller using a tiny screwdriver.

The device I made is copyrighted, so if anybody want to make it for yourself, feel free but first contact me for an appointment to have a bottle of whisky together. :crazy

My wife praised me saying "you are smarter than an ape, you can make tools" :lol: :lol: :goodone

Cheers
Andrzej

the lid opener.jpg

:clap
Nice !
Glad to hear it' fixed.

Back