Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

water under van

T5WOB

T5WOB

seem to have water dripping buy back of sliding door near wheel .don't no if my water tank has crack in it any help would be good .thanks martin

Martin, I've noticed that if the front sliding window isn't shut 100%, and I'm parked on a sligh uphill slope, any water that makes its way past the window doesn't drain out of the little drain hole towards the front of the window chanel. It eventually builds up towards the back of the chanel (rear of the sliding door) and will eventually drip. Could it be that or is it further back?

got electric side door .i know there is drain holes in the back for water off roof etc .but i does seem a lot of water .going in for water pump leak soon and service .so will look when its on the ramp .thanks calie man

Mart,

Might be worth checking that the drain channels in the roof aren't blocked... Drains for them are on the back of the rear door frame.

Had this nice and led to water dribbling down the inside trim and rear side window.

Guess if it was a lot then it might collect and work it's way out at floor level.

Rgds

M

i did fill the water tank up .and now showing low .not used any water .so think tank got a hole in it .doh doh :evil:

Prehaps it's leaking and running under the trays that fit under the van the prob with water is it can
Run and leak at the lowest point

Ouch... Not good news Mart.

Units out to replace... Not something to be taken lightly.

The tanks are pretty robust and seem to made from the same materials as my T2 Westie tank which is bomb proof. I couldn't damage it if I tried.

I guess there's a chance it's the hoses.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm reluctant to suggest this but it's not infrequent that the drain tap for the freshwater tank is not carefully returned to its fully closed position: it looks like its firmly shut but isn't. When it only drips slowly it doesn't always drip straighrt down but takes a variety of runs so it's not clear where's the source. You'd lose a full tank in 3-6 days. The surrounds to the tap lever where it delivers its action often get gummy ...

Maybe get into the corner cupboard, open the drain and shut it firmly a few times to get the feel of shutting it fully, fill it up and see.

It's VERY unlikely the tank irself is leaking since it's VERY strong plastic. Even if the contents froze, other weaker links would go before the tank (pipe connections etc).

Good luck because replacing the tank is wads of labour because so much has to be removed to get it out.

thanks barry .i all ways leave the drain tap open all the time .i did open and close it at weekend will go and move it again thanks martin .

looks like its the rear heater under the van .had red hot water coming out from plastic on rear drivers side rhd .got to take plastics off and have a look .got though 5ltrs of water to day on short run out .

That's bad news Martin hope you get it sorted soon and not to expensive.

ok the joys of lowered vans .i have 255 55 19 rear tyres and lowered van on coil-overs .so what went wrong .the tyre cut though the plastic wheel arch inner cover then cut though the plastic water pipe .all done now got to get some lower pro file tyres now .bugger .

At least it was only the pipe it cut through. You must have worn out the tyres that are on there anyway
With the miles you do.

Bit more wallpapering needed then. :lol: :lol:

Glad it's sorted Mart...

Let's be honest... Not a bad excuse get lower profiles ;-)

Still could do without the expense.

M

Ah yes... You've had that before if my memory serves me right. Twice?

Less than ideal.

we cut the tracking hole under the van so could lose the tow out on top of the tyre .all seems to be ok now .