Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water filler cap

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Hi all

Somehow misplaced the water filler cap keys.... Can I pick up a replacement through Vw by producing the vehicles reg ? Or is it a case of new cap & keys? If so , how would you attempt to remove an already locked cap ??

Thanks for your time :help

I replaced mine some time ago, it was not locking properly anymore. Not expensive, 25 Euros or someting. It comes with 2 keys. I do not think you can order a reproduction of your own keys, matching the present cap. I'm afraid you may need to buy a new one, and use drilling to remove the old one. Or use a service which opens the locked car door, but drilling would be less troubling and less expensive.

Cheers guys

Whilst on the water subject.... My reservoir is empty at the moment. Would this cause the tap in the sink to not make a sound. Lifted the lever & didn't here any noise , not even the sound of the pump "wuuuring"! Is this normal

Cheers

Bubble said:
Cheers guys

Whilst on the water subject.... My reservoir is empty at the moment. Would this cause the tap in the sink to not make a sound. Lifted the lever & didn't here any noise , not even the sound of the pump "wuuuring"! Is this normal

Cheers

Isn't the pump frozen ?

I doubt it as its been quite mild lately... To be honest I've never used the water since purchase 3 months ago so can't guarantee that this issue hasn't always been present? Wasn't sure if the reservoir had to be full ???? Could it be a fuse ?

Cheers

Could be fuse, especially if you attempted to open the tap with sub zero temperature and the pump was immersed at the time.
Normally it does wuuring when empty.

Could also be a stuck impeller like mine if you remove the round cover in the wardrobe
You will see a big round screw cap if you undo it I needed to tap it with a piece of wood
Once open you can lift the pump out just make sure the impeller underneath the pump is free :thumb

As usual thanks for the prompt response !
I'll check in daylight tomorrow & post a reply of my progress

Thanks again

hi, when i bought my 2011 cali a month ago the keys for the water cap were missing.
so i ordered a new cap from vw. and thought i was going to need to get the big scew driver out to remove the old cap.
however, on trying the keys from the new cap in the old one, they worked in the old cap.
not sure if thats the norm though.
so try to visit a cali dealer and try their keys, you never know.
paul

Cheers for that paul

I ended up buying from Vw for about £20.
Keys didn't fit ! Although the screw driver worked a treat with little effort..

Thanks very much for your help

Regards Chris

Back