Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any replacement water cap recommendations - 2004 T5 California

B

Burns

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi there,

I have a 2004 T5 California with a missing external water filler cap. The only cap available from VW is a different (presumably later) fit, and involves also buying and fitting a new plastic housing for the water inlet and power socket which incorporates a filler neck with the correct fit. A cost and faff I don't really want to have to go to.

I have already tried a generic replacement one from a service station which didn't fit.

Can anybody recommend an aftermarket cap that will fit please?

Thanks,
Martin

Try visiting a local big camper van /mobile home dealers someone in the workshop might be able to help.

I have used a Cali water and 220v entry plate on my last two selfbuilds. The water filler top that I have used on both has been sourced from my local caravan / camper shop 'Salop Leisure'. They fit OK but are of a slightly different design having three spokes instead of the single cross bar, it is of course lockable like your original.

For those interested in the 220v side, there is a fitment available to replace this available from the caravan parts suppliers that fits the Cali frame should you need such a part.

Thanks for the tips, if I can't find something locally I will give Salop Leisure a try.

I doubt that Salop Leisure will know what you are talking about if you have to deal remotely by phone etc. If you need to get one from there I am willing to pop over and purchase one, try it on my Cali entry plate and organise sending it to you. I am sure we can sort out the payment one way or another.

DSCN1470@20%.JPG

This is how the version that I have looks, the 220v input is not VW although it fits exactly into the VW frame. Sorry about the grubby side, camper in need of a wash!

Rod

Hi Rod, thanks, that is real kind. I'll be in touch if I can't get anything sorted locally.

That one looks suspiciously like the genuine VW one I've already tried that didn't fit. I think taking the van somewhere and getting them to look at it is going to have to be the way forward, I recently imported it and just need the DVLA to chivvy along and send me a registration number so I can hit the road!!

Yeah, that later one is definitely wrong (and the one on ebay looks like the same fit, even though the lock and handle is different). The filler neck on mine is deeper and wider, as attached...

IMG_0961.JPG

Sorry, I didn't look too deeply at the variations in the Cali water / 220v inlet. There were earlier versions, have a look here at the parts for a 2004 model ...
http://www.partscats.info/volkswage...452&bf=06830&hgug=068&ug=68&parent_id=2151336

Item 30 Part number 7E7 068 351C which uses lockable cap VW part number 7H7 068 353 C

The one that I have used is like this...

http://www.partscats.info/volkswage...452&bf=06830&hgug=068&ug=68&parent_id=3361820

Item 30 Part number 7E7 068 351 which uses lockable cap VW part number 7E7 068 353B and is the same fitting as the eBay item http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271852208...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=271852208841&_rdc=1

Sorry 'Burns' my suggestion probably won't fit your Cali.

Rod

OK, no worries, thanks for the update and the link to the parts catalogue. Looks useful, I haven't seen that before.

Back