Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waeco FR 40 Fridge

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I’ve been scouring the forums looking for some info or reviews on the FR 40 from Waeco, but seems like no one is using them.

I picked one up today when the mission was to get a CFX 35. It was about half the price and larger capacity, but I can’t seem to find feedback from anyone using it.

Can anyone give me a reason to take it back and go with the much praised CFX series instead for double the gold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a brand new cfx40 if it interests you. Thinking of selling soon.

I’m in Switzerland, so shipping would kill me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my understanding the reason the CFX series has less room inside vs its footprint is because it is more insulated.
I usually turn our CFX28 off at 22.00 and turn it on in the morning at 8C degrees. I guess the FR series takes more energy to keep cool. If you always have hookup or solar panels I guess you can get the lesser models.

Last edited:
I have a CF40 but never heard of the FR40 until this post. From looking at the specs the main difference seems to be it will only cool to -10 over the -18 of the CF/CFX models. Doesn't seem too much of a downside to me unless you want to use it as a freezer. It seems to be a more boat focused solution which may mean its designed to work whilst moving about on water.

Manual here: FR40 Manual

Thanks for the input. Seems to work very well. Possibly a bit louder than I was expecting, mostly fan noise, but never heard any other ones run so tough to give feedback on that. The energy label says is 49db, compared to 42db for the CFX35 (Dometic website info). Also, it is rated at 4A where the CFX 35 is 7A.

Good to get more info on the alternatives. My CF40 runs about 5 or 6 amps at peak but doesn't run all the time, on average its about 0.87a per hour so averages out. I assume the fan comes on and off as needed? I do find I had to hard wire my fridge as the cali wiring wasn't liking 6amp draw.

So to be honest a lower draw is probably good with the Cali's 12v sockets.

Be good to see your thoughts after some longer term use, I'm sure others would be interested in your findings too.

Back