Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VWGC joy of ownership ;)

V

VWGC680

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all. I am an existing VWGC680 owner.
I have used mine extensively towing a 2.5 tonne trailer up and down the length of NZ, and I would have to say, that as a tow vehicle it is exceptional! The long wheel base allows it to tow perfectly.
I have worked my way through a handful of issues over the last twelve months (shower stopping after 30 secs, water pump running randomly during the night, the usual stuff I have read about on the forum).. however, I like the GC so much, I have just ordered a new one for delivery in Jan 2022.
I am hopeful the bugs have been sorted!

Excellent!
Anything you’ve ordered second time around you didn’t first time and vice versa?

Excellent!
Anything you’ve ordered second time around you didn’t first time and vice versa?
We dithered for a LONG time over the original colour choice (which ended up Candy White over Mohave Beige), which eventually I decided was a bit bland :/ so my new one is more reflective of what I see as a very luxurious camper/office so it is in deservedly Iridium Grey Metallic, and it is going to receive ProComp wheels and Geolanders, somewhat along the lines of the attached look.
When ordering new here in NZ we have no variation options (although they come very well equipped), so I am very happy with the standard NZ spec. We do have a ridiculous local rule which makes us put the grey waste outlet under the sill, which simply gets wiped off on the first kerb crossing, then I refit it under the vehicle in a sensible place.

volkswagen-crafter-4motion-de-chez-stone-offroad-design.jpg

We dithered for a LONG time over the original colour choice (which ended up Candy White over Mohave Beige), which eventually I decided was a bit bland :/ so my new one is more reflective of what I see as a very luxurious camper/office so it is in deservedly Iridium Grey Metallic, and it is going to receive ProComp wheels and Geolanders, somewhat along the lines of the attached look.
When ordering new here in NZ we have no variation options (although they come very well equipped), so I am very happy with the standard NZ spec. We do have a ridiculous local rule which makes us put the grey waste outlet under the sill, which simply gets wiped off on the first kerb crossing, then I refit it under the vehicle in a sensible place.

View attachment 87694

View attachment 87694
Your vehicle looks great! Is it a Stone Offroad conversion? Do you have any photos of the interior?

Back