Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

View from/of your van.

I'm aware of the two bucket method but never did it myself. Think I'm just too lazy or cool. :cool:
I know it's one of those.

Did look at Gtechniq but felt too expensive for us. He does do that if required.
Detailer has recommended a certain wax every 2/3 mths to keep it topped up. He does do a maintenance safe wash. But he feels we can do that by using a PH free shampoo, 2 bucket method with microtowels. He was impressed by regime of washing , all gleaned from reading threads on here.
The detailer took over 6 hours to do the van

Please move to detailer thread . Thanks.

Got great memories of Grindelwald. My eldest somehow wangled himself a season there as a ski instructor which meant I got to visit with my skis.
Remember skiing down with him from the last stop whilst the wife carried on to the top on the train. Great skiing and very unusual getting on trains with the skis.

I'm not into cameras normally but I made a 3 min clip with photos set to the Skyfall soundtrack which always gives us a laugh when it gets played. I'm a rubbish skier but committed. He had a great respect for the dangers of avalanches after his season.
Lovely spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Camp Cali at Someford Park Farm. California, Camping and Pony Jumping.
e0890dd99a314d75f967005d4a196e12.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Not exotic but shows how useful the California is. We took our bed with us to a friends party last night!

image.jpeg

We went to a quiet little valley near to Exeter to the Sheldon Open Air Theatre. They only have a few concerts each year and a band we follow was performing.
The place was beautiful and we were allowed to stop on the site.
DSCF1037.JPG
Very quiet and only birds making any noise. A calm sunny afternoon.
The open air theatre is very special with excellent sound, here the band were warming up.
Absolutely beautiful place - fabulous concert. DSCF1040.JPG

View attachment 15241

Worlds briefest wild camp on Dartmoor.
Perfect spot then Millie dog had a great roll in some foxes poo . Ugh.
Very happy dog.
Had to walk her home with a cloud of flies following her !!!!

Next purchase a shower . Remember to take dog shampoo ( leave in van)
Your dogs need a spritz of Ancol Baby Powder perfume...They do a 'Ted Barker' one for the boys! It masks ANY of their chosen perfumes gathered on their rolls...lasts for days and is quite strong, so a spritz or two is sufficient! Essential packing for me!

Enfola Camping on Elba where we meet a young couple from Switzerland in a old T2, and another couple in a T5.1 Beach from Austria/Germany. Lovely place ;-)

Afternoon view from the "Kitchen" and morning view from the "Bedroom" …

IMG_4263.JPG IMG_4293.JPG

A 3 night break in East Sussex at St Ives Farm campsite. We met Mr & Mrs Borris there and camped on a narrow Isthmus between two fishing lakes. Ducks, fish jumping out of the water & a cuckoo or two was all that disturbed the tranquility.
P1040208a.JPG

P1040210a.JPG

Beautiful location and stunning sunrise, a bit early for most of the people on the site to enjoy, except of course the fisherman.
P1040225a.JPG
Lots of places to see around here, gardens, stately homes or just sit on the site and enjoy the peace.

Last edited:
Just back from North Ledaig campsite, near Oban. Nice family site & right on the beach.
My lot in the Cali, mum & dad in their motorhome.
Got this little tip from a caravanning guy that I got chatting to, after jumping on the wrong train to pick up my Cali, back in June :talktothehand. Oh well, not a total loss.

Been to Oban more times than I can remember, but always stayed in hotels, so was great to have the van this time :)
Mum & my missus went for their usual seafood pilgrimage of oysters, langoustines & mussles down by the ferry terminal (well, Oban is the seafood capital of Scotland after all!)
Dad & I hit the pub for a few beers, where I had my kind of seafood... 5 packs of Scampi Fries ;)... delicious!

On Friday 5th, parked next to an empty grey T6 Ocean KX16 ***. Anyone on here??

Cheers
Tom

NL3.jpg

NL2.jpg

NL1.jpg

Ooooh you got an isthmus. Let's see how many geographical features we can capture in our Calis! :D

Lovely pics BTW.

Just back from North Ledaig campsite, near Oban. Nice family site & right on the beach.
My lot in the Cali, mum & dad in their motorhome.
Got this little tip from a caravanning guy that I got chatting to, after jumping on the wrong train to pick up my Cali, back in June :talktothehand. Oh well, not a total loss.

Been to Oban more times than I can remember, but always stayed in hotels, so was great to have the van this time :)
Mum & my missus went for their usual seafood pilgrimage of oysters, langoustines & mussles down by the ferry terminal (well, Oban is the seafood capital of Scotland after all!)
Dad & I hit the pub for a few beers, where I had my kind of seafood... 5 packs of Scampi Fries ;)... delicious!

On Friday 5th, parked next to an empty grey T6 Ocean KX16 ***. Anyone on here??

Cheers
Tom

View attachment 15626

View attachment 15627

View attachment 15628

Good to see the weber in action .

Just back from the Eisteddfod at Y Fenni / Abergavenny. Each year the organisers provide a temporary camping/caravan site. At this year s event there were around 800 assorted caravans motorhomes and campervans including a smattering of VW s Didn t see any other Californias this time.

f89a21438cea96f83d29bd85ca257a1b.jpg

05f02ccbc93a170541e2115d7bb12017.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ooooh you got an isthmus. Let's see how many geographical features we can capture in our Calis! :D

Lovely pics BTW.
Do we get points for geographical features?
I also have a lovely picture of a cwm, or cirque or corrie, I took a couple of years ago which I'll try to find.

Last edited:
Do we get points for geographical features?
I also have a lovely picture of a cwm, or cirque or corrie, I took a couple of years ago which I'll try to find.

Okay here are the points to be won. Pics MUST have been taken from/near your Cali (Cub's Honour). Double points if you also got part of your Cali in the shot.

Cwm, cirque, corrie 10pts
Cuesta 15pts
Ria 15pts
Erratic 20pts
Nunatak 20pts
Glacier 30pts
Roches moutonnées 30pts
Monadnock 30pts
Oxbow lake 30pts
Exclave 35pts
Tundra 30pts
Waterfall (>20 metres height) 25pts
Rift valley 40pts
Rain forest (no, Kielder doesn't count, it has to be tropical) 50pts
Atoll 75pts
Active volcano 30pts (or if pic taken within 200 metres of an erupting vent, 500 pts)

Only counts from now, NO re-posting of photos already on the forum. :bananadance