Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vango Galli III RSV Low Awning storage in Ocean

jam_hod

jam_hod

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,

I've just bought a Vango Galli III RSV Low Drive Away Air Awning and was advised that is should fit in the rear under the bed, however it's just arrived and the box is massive and having now taken the tent bag out of the box it's equally large! We've just tried to slide it under the bed at the back of the Ocean but there is no way I can get it under, before we return it, I wondered how other people were storing these awnings in the camper? It could go on top of the comfort mattress in the rear but then if we were to make an overnight stop enroute we would have to lug it out and it's heavy and I am not sure where we would store it to sleep (we have two children too!).

It would be good to hear what others have done to transport this awning please?

If you haven’t taken it out of the bag at all yet, the pump and tent pegs are all wrapped up within.
If you take them out you can get it in a sausage that fits under the bed shelf in the lower position with the bench seat back.It does fit! I tend to travel with the door end of the bed on the higher notch, as it makes getting things in and out easier anyway, but leave the hinge on the low notch. We have 2 children and the comfort mattress and that means you can sleep like that if you arrive late on site and don’t want to empty the boot. Tent pegs and pump travel separately although next to the tent in the garage so can’t leave them behind....

We have an Outdoor Revolution Movelite awning (smaller than a Galli) and sometimes strap it on to our Altera bike rack to maintain space inside the Cali when we are not taking bikes along.

If you haven’t taken it out of the bag at all yet, the pump and tent pegs are all wrapped up within.
If you take them out you can get it in a sausage that fits under the bed shelf in the lower position with the bench seat back.It does fit! I tend to travel with the door end of the bed on the higher notch, as it makes getting things in and out easier anyway, but leave the hinge on the low notch. We have 2 children and the comfort mattress and that means you can sleep like that if you arrive late on site and don’t want to empty the boot. Tent pegs and pump travel separately although next to the tent in the garage so can’t leave them behind....
Yes I agree. We have no issues. I can take a photo if you need. Let me know.

Good tip for lifting the boot end of the shelf. Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies, we're very happy now.
Taken out the pump and peg/tiedown bag and it squashes down and slides under fine with the bed on the higher setting at the back only....great tip
d83e32a719bb82d62cd589e1df8b8719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Whoop whoop, another success for the forum. Happy camping

Thanks for all the replies, we're very happy now.
Taken out the pump and peg/tiedown bag and it squashes down and slides under fine with the bed on the higher setting at the back only....great tip
d83e32a719bb82d62cd589e1df8b8719.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I'm being nosy, but what's in the blue bag on top of your shelf, I've not seen one before??

Sorry I spoilt the game
I thought it was bedding related, I thought it looked really compact for a topper and duvet/bedding setup. Mines currently level with the rear window!! Need to slim it down.

@jam_hod Hey. I've been scouring the site for Galli III reviews, specifically how it fits into the van, and have just found your photo - perfect!! In your photo is the rear bench in the rearmost position?

@jam_hod Hey. I've been scouring the site for Galli III reviews, specifically how it fits into the van, and have just found your photo - perfect!! In your photo is the rear bench in the rearmost position?
I think the bench goes back further in the T6.1 normal settings as the bed / mattress is 5cm shorter. In either case, removing the stops will allow it to go further back (or forward) I think.
Others will hopefully know more.

EDIT - due to dog crates on parcel shelf I always travelled with the bench seat (T6 Ocean) pushed forward. So both options possible.

Yep, the rear bench is in the fully back position and still a small amount of space between the tent and the rear door when closed, so should be fine. The shelf is on the higher setting at the rear only to help with sliding the tent in and out, just makes it a lot easier. Hope that helps.

Oh also we have the T6 not T6.1 so not sure as mentioned above if the room behind the rear bench is different!?

Yep, the rear bench is in the fully back position and still a small amount of space between the tent and the rear door when closed, so should be fine. The shelf is on the higher setting at the rear only to help with sliding the tent in and out, just makes it a lot easier. Hope that helps.

Oh also we have the T6 not T6.1 so not sure as mentioned above if the room behind the rear bench is different!?

T6.1 boot is shorter from back of seat to bottled by 50mm. also the height under the shelf is the same as the T6 on its low position & then has further small projections hanging below it. There is no option of a higher position.