Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under Bonnet Storage

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Interested in what space there is under the bonnet, T6 for me, to store emergency items.

Thinking in particular Air Compressor and Jump Leads.

More I read on here the more I am sure to pick up an air compressor especially for a Cali where wheel changing is no mean feat.

Not carried a spare in my Touran for 10 years, not been all together happy with not having one but the compressor has always got me to a garage or home when required.

Mike

True. I have Oil Top-up, Jump Leads and Slime Kit + Compressor in Battery Compartment.

Interested in what space there is under the bonnet, T6 for me, to store emergency items.

Thinking in particular Air Compressor and Jump Leads.

More I read on here the more I am sure to pick up an air compressor especially for a Cali where wheel changing is no mean feat.

Not carried a spare in my Touran for 10 years, not been all together happy with not having one but the compressor has always got me to a garage or home when required.

Mike
Old post, but might be of interest.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/guide-fitting-the-missing-battery-cover.1711/#post-13787

True. I have Oil Top-up, Jump Leads and Slime Kit + Compressor in Battery Compartment.
I´ve also stored oil in the battery compartment but wondered if it´s a safe thing to do.
Please re-assure me.

I´ve also stored oil in the battery compartment but wondered if it´s a safe thing to do.
Please re-assure me.
Don't see why not. It can tolerate a lot higher temperature than the battery.

´ve also stored oil in the battery compartment but wondered if it´s a safe thing to do.
Please re-assure me.
All my oil is stored in the engine bay, either in the engine & a bottle of top up oil next to the battery

Anyone down in Southern Europe these days?? :cool:
I'm wondering about the safety of keeping these compact jumpstarters and electric air compressors on top of the main battery with these temperatures? The manufacturer's user guide talks about storage temperatures between -20 to +50°C...? I'm afraid you get these extremes even inside the cabin now! :Nailbiting

Jump leads. Screen wash and spare coolant (given ours still has the coolant warning light problem - VW attempt at a solution appears to be “carry a spare bottle with you” )

Back