Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage advice

K

keacal2705

Sure this has been sort of covered before so apologies in advance.

I have a Brandrup storage device that hangs from the rear seats. I have used it for putting sleeping bags in and wanted to leave the sleeping bags in all the time but having the following problems:

Putting the bed down is an issue as not all sleeping bags are required to come out so the ones left in stop the bed from going down. I had to take them out and put on cooker top.

To compound the problem, I bought three 48 litre storage boxes fom hobbycraft for the rear storage and this then stops me pushing the seat back. The storage boxes combinded with the Brandrup bag storage bag means the access to the left bottom cupboard is impossible.

My thoughts are to take out the Brandrup bag. This may mean I can get a fourth 48l storage box in rear but does anyone know if that would then still prevent me from pushing seat all the way back?

I am disappointed that the Brandrup storage solution is causing more problems than it is solving unless I am being stupid. In fact I tried to push the seat back so much it dislodged the bedboard and scratched a rear cupboard.

I also remember Graham telling me to get storage boxes fom Lakeland for the left cupboard. If you are reading this Graham, or the reader of this post got their boxes from Lakeland, please tell me sizes to save me faffing in shop!

Finally, camping this weekend is teaching me that it is all about being really organised. I needed a towel to dry inside windows after sleeping. I also need to make sure I have lots of shopping bags for rubbish, dirty clothes, etc. Def getting a silver screen blind.

I guess wet weather is making the problem worse as trying to do everything inside and bringing mud inside makes me miserable seeing my baby get dirty.

Any suggestions welcome but Choplee don't even think about waving your loadsamoney at me for my Brandrup bag even if it is proving a headache!

Can't help with your brandrup / storage boxes conundrum. I don't have storage problems as I am single ie only me in Cali.
But dirty shoes ... I have a rubber matt just inside side door & take dirty footwear off on it, footwear then go into a folding mesh box in drivers foot well.

Folding mesh box? Don't think my 07 plate has that. I said to wife that flip flops are a must. I don't care if I leave thm out all night but my timberland boots created havoc. It was on a rug that protects my mats but at this rate I will need a mat to protect the mat that's protecting the mat :crazy

we use a plastic box with a lid for muddy shoes so we can leave them outside the van, something similar to this.

21ip57nO%2BAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back