Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre pressure indicator.

Ksar-el-kebir

Ksar-el-kebir

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can’t find a thread on this subject. On 2016 150 DSG Ocean changed the wheels as advised but the indicator says rear right side tyre pressure low. Checked all tyres and they’re at the specified pressure. I’ve tried to reset the indicator as per the handbook but no luck. Any advice please?

Can’t find a thread on this subject. On 2016 150 DSG Ocean changed the wheels as advised but the indicator says rear right side tyre pressure low. Checked all tyres and they’re at the specified pressure. I’ve tried to reset the indicator as per the handbook but no luck. Any advice please?

There was a thread on this recently with false positives by @SimonB.

To reset you do it from the MFD, Tyre Pressure, reset and select confirm.

I reckon it’s a good idea to do the reset after you’ve driven for a bit and not from cold.

Mike

There was a thread on this recently with false positives by @SimonB.

To reset you do it from the MFD, Tyre Pressure, reset and select confirm.

I reckon it’s a good idea to do the reset after you’ve driven for a bit and not from cold.

Mike
Thanks Mike, but I can’t find that function. I don’t have a multifunctional steering wheel but it’s on the right hand stalk which doesn’t seem to offer that function. Can’t do much at the moment as I’m in Morocco whilst the van languishes in an airport car park. Home next week though as I don’t fancy being here for Ramadan!

Thanks Mike, but I can’t find that function. I don’t have a multifunctional steering wheel but it’s on the right hand stalk which doesn’t seem to offer that function. Can’t do much at the moment as I’m in Morocco whilst the van languishes in an airport car park. Home next week though as I don’t fancy being here for Ramadan!

Must go myself sometime

Expect someone will talk you through it who doesn’t have the MFSW.

Mike

Must go myself sometime

Expect someone will talk you through it who doesn’t have the MFSW.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I wouldn’t claim to be an expert but I’ve been visiting since 1976 with and without wheels, so if you need to know any tips and wrinkles I’d be happy to help.

Thanks Mike! I wouldn’t claim to be an expert but I’ve been visiting since 1976 with and without wheels, so if you need to know any tips and wrinkles I’d be happy to help.

Excellent

Mike

I had a 15 plate T5 with no MFSW and had the same problem. Here is how I reset mine, eventually. You press the button on the end of the wiper stalk inwards. Then press it at the end like a rocker switch to go up or down the menu. Select MFD and again scroll up or down till you come to tyres. It will say something like, are all pressures checked & OK then ask you to confirm. You press the larger button underneath the stalk to confirm, select, etc. I'm afraid I left the detailed instruction in the manual of our T5 when we sold it for the new owner so he didn't have the problem I had with it.
I've found this thread that might help https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/tyre-pressure.15121/
Good luck
Simon
Tyre pressure monitor.jpg

I had a 15 plate T5 with no MFSW and had the same problem. Here is how I reset mine, eventually. You press the button on the end of the wiper stalk inwards. Then press it at the end like a rocker switch to go up or down the menu. Select MFD and again scroll up or down till you come to tyres. It will say something like, are all pressures checked & OK then ask you to confirm. You press the larger button underneath the stalk to confirm, select, etc. I'm afraid I left the detailed instruction in the manual of our T5 when we sold it for the new owner so he didn't have the problem I had with it.
I've found this thread that might help https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/tyre-pressure.15121/
Good luck
Simon
View attachment 33055
Simon B, you’re a. Thanks!