Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TV for the GC

AdyB

AdyB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Thought I would ask and see if anyone has fitted a TV in a Grand Cali.
Been looking at the wall area behind the bench in the rear.
Have seen a couple of portrait to landscape TV mounts . Think this may be an option.
Need to then investigate which TV is best.

Ipad, which can be moved around, or mounted on the head restraint. Download your favourites and if strictly necessary you can get a mini TV aerial adapter for live TV.

I use an iPad and QuadLock mounts. I have several in different places in my Club Joker. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

We were also tempted to get a small smart TV into the GC 600. But it seems that this is not that straight forward as we thought (isn't this with almost everything with the Grand California?).

Firstly there is no 12 V socket in the seating area. It seems that Volkswagen only installs the 12 V socket if the satellite dish was ordered. Now, people say that regardless of the satellite dish installed or not, the cables are under the wall covers. Well, I have never found them.

I saw somewhere a few pictures of people who managed to glue some wood or something to the wetroom wall and screwed on the TV holder there. How they have done this I don't know.

If we would like to watch TV (say watching in Ireland Eastender on RTE 1 (Please no comments about this :) )) a aerial on the roof needs to be installed for better TV reception. I didn't find any company willing to do this in the Grand California.

So we gave up on the TV and installed a 15.1" screen power by USB 5 V which is over the window site rear seat. Over HDMI we have connected a FireTV stick. That gives us the following:
  • Internet radio
  • Many streaming apps
  • Youtube
  • Internet browser
  • Screen mirror from phone (e.g. RTE 1 and a few german TV stations)
The advantage of this is that nothing had to be installed or changed in the camper. If the camper will be changed everything can be taken out into the new camper or used somewhere else.

This is the best picture I could find at the moment:

1666956229533.png

I got some steel road (12 mm if I remember correctly) and a screen holder. the Firestick is with tape mounted to the back wall. Power for both is coming from the 2x USB sockets below.
On the top there is the Netgear AC810 (I hope I will find a company who will install the Maxview Roam (global) to improve LTE reception).
I have one USB socket free which I use to charge the tablet, torch, hearing aids etc.

Entertainment equipped Grand California,
Eberhard

PS
I took the waste bin away from the seat and found a different, hopefully, better place for it.

Back