Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This seems like a good buy

Looks good at that price. I would go and see it to make sure everything works like the heating,roof, control panel,and the leisure batteries are still ok then and only then would I bid :thumb good luck

Cheers, just dropped him a message with number asking could I scoot up from Brighton tomorrow, this really would be right up my street if it's a genuine van.

Cruise is an easy retrofit anyway.

Hope to see it around Brighton if you win it! (we're in Hove)

Big day today then - 10 hours to go!!

Are you bidding??

Looks a nice genuine van from what I can see, two keys plus the heater fob. Both chairs etc.

Just be sure not to pay too much for it as a LHD will always attract a lower price than RHD in the UK and of course it is likely to be more expensive to insure etc.

Thanks for the replies guys, I've not heard back from the seller yet,

I have bidded and I'm currently highest bidder, I can see it climbing from what it is at the moment so what would be a good price for LHD? obviously I would have to see and drive the van and run through a checklist of things to test.

I missed that, good spot. Thats really RHD money they are after then.

OK if I ring them up now what kind of details should I be trying to tease out as to its history and provenance?

Good spot.

I wonder how long it has been on AT. Perhaps the £26k is a bit rich for the California buying public and hence the punt on eBay??

One main thing to check is going to be the roof material for cuts caused by the mechanism and ensure it operates correctly. Also make yourself aware of the common concerns with the 2.5 engine.

I'm sure you know that even though you agree to buy on eBay you can still back out if it isn't as described.

RodCouncil said:
I missed that, good spot. Thats really RHD money they are after then.

OK if I ring them up now what kind of details should I be trying to tease out as to its history and provenance?

Where do you see it? You could try an early offer and ask him to remove it from sale although I doubt he would this close to the end especially with the bidding activity.

I'd want to know the full history from day one if he knows it.

With no reserve set so I think you're right, he's using ebay to test the water and see what the market thinks.

He's not committing to a sale either at the highest price, so I'll ring him post auction if my price is close then think about an inspection.

What can a similar RHD model be had for??

I guess you need to be a minimum of 10-15% below that for LHD.

Starting at 99p is a good tactic as it introduces a lot of competition. From what I can see there are only 2 serious bidders at the moment but I expect there will be some last few seconds entries.

I spoke to the guy today, it's a pukka van and he bought it from a company just up the road in Burgess Hill, this is the sales ad:

http://www.vwcampersales.com/volkswagen ... list/1434/

It was purchased to do a 7 week holiday and now they are back they are moving the van on. I'm guessing looking at the bidders that they are in the trade and one might even be the VW Camper Sales from where he bought it.

If you are interested set a price in your mind as it is easy to get carried away. Please remember that it's not unheard of for sellers to get people they know to bid at the last minute if they are not happy with the price. If you do go for it good luck :thumb

Calikev said:
If you are interested set a price in your mind as it is easy to get carried away. Please remember that it's not unheard of for sellers to get people they know to bid at the last minute if they are not happy with the price. If you do go for it good luck :thumb

Good advice, tbh the missus said she's not keen on LHD whereas I am, so I'll just see what the price is at close to the end and just put my speculatively lower offer in and if it's meant to be, I'm happy to wait for the right one as we are hiring again in Oct and didn't really plan to be in the market until spring.

Yes it could be a bargain but keep your sensible head on :thumb

It was up for sale at at vwcampersales for around 26k irrc. He across as a nice chap on the phone and very genuine, If was to guess I'd say the deal might of fell through.

Saying that, to to put 7k mileage on it with no service since he bought it from the dealer and with a big tip on the continent with little reduction is a bit rich.

RodCouncil said:
It was up for sale at at vwcampersales for around 26k irrc. He across as a nice chap on the phone and very genuine, If was to guess I'd say the deal might of fell through.

Saying that, to to put 7k mileage on it with no service since he bought it from the dealer and with a big tip on the continent with little reduction is a bit rich.
why would 7K justify a service if it didn't need one?

I suppose, having just sold my Lotus Elise I keep forgetting not everything is not so delicate :lol: but a likely encumbrance that would't be too far away.

I messaged him how much was he was looking for.
He replied mid 20,s
Guess for 4 grand more and 5 years younger i got a bargain compared to what he is asking for.
Guess he wasn't happy with £23900 the final bid

According to the ad it was to be posted anywhere in the UK.

Perhaps he couldn't afford the postage!

Back