They buy any Cali dot com - Cali-gone!

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Very sad day, last glimpse of our Cali outside Webuyanycar.com.

Why did we sell it to them? Because £1500 more than the dealer’s p/x offer. In fact, we got more than some similar Cali’s are being advertised for on here. I couldn’t believe it!

Beware though, they go over it very thoroughly and knock money off for the tiniest thing. A slight chip on the driver’s door and a couple of almost invisible stone chips on the bonnet and bumper reduced the value by £450, otherwise we would have been £1950 better off. (Classed as 3 smart repairs).

Hopefully it will be new Cali-come on Friday :)

17277FD3-E27B-4036-B80E-4D13948171FB.jpeg

A sad day but a happy day to come :)

I asked WBAC to value my Albert. They came in with an offer £7,000 more than the first dealer offered me!

A sad day but a happy day to come :)

I asked WBAC to value my Albert. They came in with an offer £7,000 more than the first dealer offered me!
Yes I’m sitting here worrying about it and where it is even now :sorry

Odd thing about WBAC is that the value of the Cali went up since I last had it valued by them about a month ago. Looks like there is now an upward trend in the values with spring (? Where is spring ...)

What will come in place....?

A 204 DSG duo colour, white over Starlight Blue.

Not 4motion though, so a bit disappointed, but the van is in stock and I didn’t want to wait months and risk another emissions delay! I guess I’ll manage, missus can always get out and push! :thumb

Great colour choice

Wow!! I've just done a valuation on mine and it's gone up nearly 4 grand from 6 weeks ago!!

When I valued it on WBAC 6 weeks ago, it was £32,295.
I appreciate they will knock me down by a few quid but even if I got 35 grand I'd be very tempted to sell!

Screenshot_20180317-231406.png

Screenshot_20180317-232236.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure you've got a replacement lined up first!

Very sad day, last glimpse of our Cali outside Webuyanycar.com.

Why did we sell it to them? Because £1500 more than the dealer’s p/x offer. In fact, we got more than some similar Cali’s are being advertised for on here. I couldn’t believe it!

Beware though, they go over it very thoroughly and knock money off for the tiniest thing. A slight chip on the driver’s door and a couple of almost invisible stone chips on the bonnet and bumper reduced the value by £450, otherwise we would have been £1950 better off. (Classed as 3 smart repairs).

Hopefully it will be new Cali-come on Friday :)

View attachment 31094

You should of taken the awning off! you'd of got another £500!

Going on these trends it looks like there are some bargains on the For Sale section just now!

Make sure you've got a replacement lined up first!

I'm tempted to sell now, (it is 2 years old tomorrow), and order a Beach Edition for later on in the year / next year.

So after having a bit of a sleepless night, thinking about if I should sell the Cali, I did another WBAC valuation this morning and it' now returned to £32,000.

it seems last nights valuation may of been some form of error and I am now wishing I made an appointment when I had the chance!

Screenshot_20180318-073902.png

They guarantee the price for 7 days .... ?

Yeah, I think that if I'd booked an appointment last night they would of honored that quote for 7 days. As I've done another valuation since, i think the new price supersedes the one before.

I thought it was too good to be true!

Did it recognise your Cali by the Reg no? It didn’t mine, I had to fill the details in, so maybe if yours was the same you may have accidentally entered the wrong info?

Yes, It recognises the reg number. I've valued it a few times to keep an eye on a rough trade-in price.

I spent half of last night thinking about what i could take out of it before making an appointment!

I would of taken off the awning, the side bars and the 2 middle row seats.

Careful with the awning. With it being an unusual vehicle for them, he spoke to someone senior who instructed him to see the roof raised and lowered and the awning wound in and out. I guess they may have accepted that the awning was an extra that wasn't specified ...

Try clearing the cookies on your web browser or using a different computer and email address when getting your next quote from them. I wouldn’t put it past them to have a “Ryanair” style code in the background that lowers the price the more you check it.

O my goodness, just looked at mine, offering almost what I payed , though I guess they will knock a few hundred of for a tiny scratch. But that is amazing......shame I don’t want to sell...well sort of, if you see what I mean.....and it makes me wonder what they are planning on selling it for!!

Try Tootle, we ended up getting an extra £1300 on my wife's Audi A4

2012 Beach.
55 000 miles.
Personally think it’s worth £25k.
Or am I being to optimistic...???

A5B0D7F3-9553-4333-8235-EEB41643C732.png

It’s a good way to get a guide to what you might get off a dealer, but the prices do go up and down.

Try again when the offer expires; they will send an email or text inviting you to update it. It’s just as likely to increase as decrease in value.

I sold my Boxster in p/x 12 months ago; WBAC were £1000 less than the dealer so obviously I didn’t use them. However, out of curiosity I kept responding to their invitations to update the price and it gradually went down by £6k over the months, with a low around Christmas and has since risen by £4k ....

That is quite an old case and as WBAC is still going they must have got their act together to some extent.

Apart from the occasional one star, most of their reviews on Trustpilot are fairly good. I don’t know if Trustpilot is any guide, folks have to decide for themselves.

I hope they are right because the money doesn’t go into my account until tomorrow! :Nailbiting

Here is the link for Trustpilot reviews

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.webuyanycar.com

(hyperlink tool doesn’t seem to work on my iPad ...)

2012 Beach.
55 000 miles.
Personally think it’s worth £25k.
Or am I being to optimistic...???

View attachment 31139

2017 Beach; 25,000 miles.
ef82fd7ab3c5848a7c5193f05cd463cc.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back