Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The flimsiest part of a Cali

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Calitess

The front slide out cup holder & 12v socket is pure VW T5 & is in our opinion the worst feature of our Cali

images

It must be fully out to use the 12v socket which is a pain with a satnav!

We are trialling rumming an extension lead from the "kitchen" 12v socket (not much space between this & the seat back rest in normal travelling position!)

12-lrg-cal.jpg

under the front passenger seat & carpet into the "newspaper" net.

Original post californiaman

It certainly is not a great way to connect a satnav. I've often thought about putting a semi-permanent connection onto the top of the dash.

There must be a switched 12v cable beneath the plastic "thing" on top of the dash. I say "thing" as I have no better way to describe it...

Could a 12v cig lighter socket not be fitted on the dash some where with a in line fuse connected to the original wires going to the cig lighter in the pull out tray

There must be a simple neat solution out there on a VW T5 Transporter.

Original post andy

This is one part of the reason for me getting an RNS510, so no satnav sitting on dash with wires trailing everywhere.

Could velcro one of these to the dash & run wires under dash to battery, with in-line fuse.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/12v-twin-socket-adaptor-97951

a52gb.jpg

may look into finding a switched 12v source for my phone charger I want to hardwire to a cradle for phone mounted in glovebox. I've got bluetooth.

I agree with the original point of the thread. But I have not seen many well built holders that will hold multiple size bottles. My truck has two fixed size ones, one small & one slightly larger.

All the internal doors !

What have you broken now?

Back